6 x9s and no bass whaaaT? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
6 x9s and no bass whaaaT?
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 12:26 PM
Ok so i decided to put my 6x9'a in my fiero. they are in q logic wedge boxes. Pioneer 3 ways. Anways i have them wedeged between the window and the seat. I hook up my radio and i turn it up and the bass completly sucks ball. I know any factory radio has better bass than these pieces of **** is it cuz there pioneer? I turned the bass all the way up on the radio and i get more of a pop instead of a low deep bass. I know they arent blown its not that kinda pop. Im thinkin its one of three things

Link for speakers

1. I dont know if i have the +'s and -'s hooked up rite so ill try switching that later. What is the differnece with it switched anways?

2. Could it be the boxes. are they not meant for a box and there like havin a bad reaction to it?

3. There pioneer they suck

Im in the everybody club are you?

Re: 6 x9s and no bass whaaaT?
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 12:35 PM
Its because your trying to run 220 Max watt speakers with what 40 max watts top?

I had all pioneer mids and highs, and ran it off pioneer deack, they arent going to produce bass well. my siggestion, amp them or put bass blockers on them and run a 8" or 10", i dunno much about fieros but im guessing you have slim to nil space.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 12:36 PM
8" or 10" sub with amp that is

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 12:55 PM
Well, since I've never seen a Pioneer speaker that SUCKS that bad, I rule out number 3. As they are only 6x9's, they aren't going to give you booming bass, or the kind of bass that will kick your seat every hit. That's just a rule for pretty much every speaker that isn't a subwoofer. 6x9s in a box might be a little small of an enclosure. Most 6x9s are going to be mounted free-air on the rear deck, so it might be that (though I have heard 6x9s in boxes that sounded ok. My guess is that you may have the + and - switched on one of the speakers. All you have to do, is flip your speaker wires around on one of the 6x9s, and see if it makes a difference. It'll be a noticeable difference as long as you have a decent amount of volume. I've always been happy with my Pioneer speakers.

Brakes? I don't need no stinking brakes....I have air bags
http://members.cardomain.com/charlzo_2000
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 1:34 PM
Thanks for the replies. i guess ill check the + and - and switch them around. Ima put a 12" sub in later ill also get pics of how this is all set up it kinda looks bad ass. lol. Bass blocker is def a good idea once i get my sub installed. Ima mount it in a truck style box that i have behind the driver seat. It just thought that they would sound a but better than that especially in boxes. you would think they would sound even better in boxes. eh shrugs i dunno keep the suggestions flowing tho

Im in the everybody club are you?
Thursday, February 24, 2005 5:11 AM
When 6x9's are in a back deck of a car, it uses the whole trunk area as a box, hence giving you that "boomy" sound. When you're putting them in a 6x9 box, you're bringing it from 8 to 15 cubic feet all the way down to maybe .15 or .20 cubic feet. It's not going to be as boomy, but it'll hit the mid-bass notes a lot cleaner.

Beat it like it owes you money
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search