How to install rear speaker's?? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How to install rear speaker's??
Friday, February 25, 2005 4:07 PM
I did a search & came up empty handed. I just bought some new 6x9's for the rear & didn't know how to install them? Is there a simple way or step by step instructions out there somewhere?
Thanks alot!!

---------------------------------------------
2000 Cavalier Z24 A4 Green Met.

Re: How to install rear speaker's??
Friday, February 25, 2005 6:26 PM
fold down rear seat, pull out the 4 plastic fasteners, pull loose the side panels, push up on the rear deck in the middle (let it fold. it wont hurt it ) pull yoru seat belts through the slot below them. tug on the deck and it'll come loose (mine was caught on the passenger side had to really tug but it came anyways) after this the rest should be obvoius to you. the speaker adapters come out easy and so on.

Saturday, February 26, 2005 8:35 AM
Cool thanks! I will try that & see if I can get them in!!

Saturday, February 26, 2005 2:51 PM
Yep its that easy. I just done that in my 98 last night. Put in the headunit and door speakers today.

http://cavalierman93.googlepages.com/
Saturday, February 26, 2005 2:58 PM
the easiest way to do it is to cut the magnets off the old speakers and slide the speaker out threw the hole in the trunk, then u can simply screw int he new ones form insdie the trunk its the easiest way
Sunday, February 27, 2005 7:13 PM
If you cut off the magents, would you mount the new speakers from inside the trunk? Also how would you do that?

Sunday, February 27, 2005 7:45 PM
Pat Devins wrote:the easiest way to do it is to cut the magnets off the old speakers and slide the speaker out threw the hole in the trunk, then u can simply screw int he new ones form insdie the trunk its the easiest way

idiot

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Monday, February 28, 2005 1:21 PM
Ok so that probably isn't such a good idea?

Monday, February 28, 2005 4:08 PM
dont cut the magnet, that's the stupidest @!#$ i ever heard....simply unscrew the old speakers after you disconnect the wiring, if you have to cut teh wire cleanly as close to the connecter as possible. you might need to drill the holes a little larger pending your screw sizes. DO NOT CUT THE MAGNET. you have to unscrew the old speakers first. your gonna be laying on your back, it's not that hard. i installed them in 15 minutes in my cavalier and it sounds great. make sure your car is off. and disconnect the negative charge on your mattery (safety of your equipment)..if you have to splice the wires that's another story, just email me and ill give you step to step details on how to do it. it's really easy.

Immanuel2006@comcast.net
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 2:51 PM
Immanuel Garcia wrote:dont cut the magnet, that's the stupidest @!#$ i ever heard....simply unscrew the old speakers after you disconnect the wiring, if you have to cut teh wire cleanly as close to the connecter as possible. you might need to drill the holes a little larger pending your screw sizes. DO NOT CUT THE MAGNET. you have to unscrew the old speakers first. your gonna be laying on your back, it's not that hard. i installed them in 15 minutes in my cavalier and it sounds great. make sure your car is off. and disconnect the negative charge on your mattery (safety of your equipment)..if you have to splice the wires that's another story, just email me and ill give you step to step details on how to do it. it's really easy.

Immanuel2006@comcast.net

My hardest part is getting the side pannels off in the back of the car! How is the easiest way to get them taken off?

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 5:42 PM
Travis Lipe wrote:
Immanuel Garcia wrote:dont cut the magnet, that's the stupidest @!#$ i ever heard....simply unscrew the old speakers after you disconnect the wiring, if you have to cut teh wire cleanly as close to the connecter as possible. you might need to drill the holes a little larger pending your screw sizes. DO NOT CUT THE MAGNET. you have to unscrew the old speakers first. your gonna be laying on your back, it's not that hard. i installed them in 15 minutes in my cavalier and it sounds great. make sure your car is off. and disconnect the negative charge on your mattery (safety of your equipment)..if you have to splice the wires that's another story, just email me and ill give you step to step details on how to do it. it's really easy.

Immanuel2006@comcast.net

My hardest part is getting the side pannels off in the back of the car! How is the easiest way to get them taken off?

you don't have to take those off.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:43 PM
dont cut the connector off, just splice and weld into the wires. if you cut the connector off, then when you want to sell the car and put it back to stock, your gonna have to put the connector back on and thats annoying.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:46 PM
Ok that is good I don't have to take the pannels off. Also I won't cut the connectors b/c the factory speakers will be going back in it!

Saturday, March 05, 2005 2:10 PM
I'm trying to install my Infinity Kappa 6x9s in the rear but there is a rod going underneath the side of the whole. The stock speakers weren't as deep as these Infinitys... is there an easy way to get these to fit?
Sunday, March 06, 2005 6:04 PM
when i installed my pioneers i had to cut holes in the rear deck (facbric part) and mount my speakers through the deck to the mounting brackets real hassle but looks good and sounds great and prob. better then the sound having to come through those small openings in the rear deck....

!!!jbody Customs!!! yo hit me up if you need anything!
streetfire2006
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search