Suggestions on Components... - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Suggestions on Components...
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:52 AM
Alright, I have some 6.5" Round 3 ways in my doors, but they are starting to crackle more and the sound quality is taking a dive.

I would like to find a set of components that still give me some punch in the bassline, but have some nice highs that won't make my ears bleed. Probably around 85-125 rms, and either size 5.25" or 6.5". I recently purchased a new deck with some nice preouts and what not, so i would really like to try and get a set that has nice sound quality. Any Suggestions? Thanks

Re: Suggestions on Components...
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 10:27 AM
infinity

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 10:32 AM
Price Range?
Do you plan to EQ?

"all your bass are belong to us"
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 11:07 AM
At most like $250, i don't want to spend enough money to buy a pair of focals otherwise i wouldn't of needed to ask. I am thinking about the infinity Kappa Perfects.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 11:39 AM
Kappa perfects sound great, and they're 100 watt rms for the pair.

Beat it like it owes you money
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 12:46 PM
I'd grab a set of Kodas from http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=KODA6.1

Not going to beat the midbass on them from another 6er and they have a very mellow tweeter. I am replacing my JL XRs with a set. Someone I know with very similar musical taste to me says the tweet is very similar to the XR(which I love) but the mid is a lot better.

Normal price was $350 US but everyone is clearing out stock to prepare for Adire's new lines. I doubt they have many left so I wouldnt wait too long.

"all your bass are belong to us"
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 12:54 PM
What about a set of Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 6.5" Components?

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:50 PM
Steve W wrote:What about a set of Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 6.5" Components?

thats what i'm buying next month when my check comes in. what kind of music do you listen to? and do you plan on amping them? i have some pioneer coaxial 4 ways in the front right and they sound nice and clear, but i cant really hear them that well because they're aimed at my feet instead of up at my ears. which is why i'm switching to the kappa perfects.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:01 PM
I have those JBL p650c they are very similar to the Infinity. They are brand new in the box, new from warranty because one woofer was blow by water in the door, $200 incl. shipping. I want to go to a active setup with MAX Fidelity mid-woofer(similar to the Dynaudio) and tweeter (same as the Image Dynamics).

2 x Adire Brahma 15", 2 x PA A3000DB
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search