Setting up a 4 channel amp - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Setting up a 4 channel amp
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:20 PM
I need some help on setting the x-over on a 4 channel amp. I used to have it wired to the fronts and rear speakers when I had my subs, but right before x-mas my system was stolen, all but my amps (they are bolted through the bottom of the car ) anyhow im going back to the stock deck and using the speaker level inputs on the amp..

The Amp is a JBL 80.4 but its rated at 160x2 I believe, So im just going to run it to my 6x9's i have a set of pioneer 4 ways. My question is what do I set the x-over to? there is a high pass a low pass and FLAT. I know I do not want the low pass, but I also do want to get some bass out of these things now that im not putting my subs back in.

Thanks for the help

Re: Setting up a 4 channel amp
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:30 PM
just go with flat, play with the frequency and gain on the amp, that should give a nice sounding bass and a decent high

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 9:57 PM
i dont think you will be able to adjust the frequency if you choose flat. I suggest using the high pass crossover and setting the frequency to somewhere around 60 Hz assuming this amp uses an 18 db/octave slope on the crossover. This is for the rear 6x9's as you have said.
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 4:48 PM
Would it be worth it to get an EQ with a stock deck or is that not possible? and would that help me set everything up the way that I want it?

Thanks again
Friday, March 04, 2005 11:14 PM
you can run an external eq. Many companies make these. I would look into audiocontrol's eqs and signal processors if you are running off the stock deck.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search