stereo setup - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
stereo setup
Thursday, February 24, 2005 5:27 PM
Alright guys sorry if this has been talked about but I really need to know something. I am thinking about a 1 amp and 1 sub setup (for now) and also this is running off my stock deck (2001sunfire). What do you guys think for a good sub amp and 1 sub that will produce a decent thump and not alot of money lol. If anyone can help me here it would be nice. Oh and also I'm in NB Canada so theres not much for places to actually buy stereo equiptment around here lol...thanks in advance

"Hick's can own J'body's too"

Re: stereo setup
Thursday, February 24, 2005 6:01 PM
Help anyone??? I leave for Kawasaki school again in 7 hours lol and I wanna get this figured out before I go!!

Friday, February 25, 2005 12:12 PM
clarion

Friday, February 25, 2005 5:33 PM
were do you live i have conections
Friday, February 25, 2005 5:36 PM
i build systems for people with limited funds and i wound buy a bandpass box with a good speaker i personally get infinity 1200 watt 12's for under 85 bucks canadian
Friday, February 25, 2005 6:28 PM
scew a bandpass. ..

let me know an estimated budget and i'll figure out a good combo for that price range and help you design a box if you need the help there too.

check my latest install.
http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/789359/3

Friday, February 25, 2005 6:40 PM
Hey thanks guys for the help. As of right now I don't have a good figure for an estimate because of waiting for tax returns and TRYING to get things paid off lol. But I do live in Woodstock New Brunswick. I am simply looking to hook up 1 amp to my STOCK cd player (not monsoon) and run only one sub (due to the lack of funds). But I can say the money spent i would like to be low lol I just want a decent thump for now until I save up some money. But again thanks guys it means alot cause I am FAR from an expert with audio lol I build and repair 4 wheelers, dirtbikes, motorcylces etc. for a livin so no experience with it...

Friday, February 25, 2005 6:52 PM
Oh I would like to go with a 10" sub. Not sure why but I just like them better

Friday, February 25, 2005 11:36 PM
I'm in the same boat. One 10" Infinity ref. dvc (cheap, excellent sound, looks good imo), and an mtx 311d amp. Comes with harness to let you tap you're rear speakers, and you're good to go, at least until you can get a head unit with dedicated pre-outs.

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Saturday, February 26, 2005 8:44 AM
That sounds like what I want. Got an idea of what they costed?

Thursday, March 03, 2005 4:23 PM
my sub msrp's at $119, but I payed $44. The amp..I don't know what it msrp's, the line was just replaced, but I bought it off e-bay for $80

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search