Someone help please!!.. - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Someone help please!!..
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:06 PM
I would like someone to draw me a picture on microsoft paint or something that shows how to wire this set up..here are the specs

2 Alpine Type S DVC subs
The box has two terminals(one for each sub)
The amp is a 2 channel

So i basically want someone to draw me something that shows the best way to hook it all up

THANKS!!

Re: Someone help please!!..
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:33 PM
Wiring it for 1 Ohm

Wiring it for 4 Ohm

Peace Out!!!
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:39 PM
the diagrams above are assuming that your amp can also run Mono. the following are assuming your amp is ONLY 2-Channel. you will wire each woofer one of the following ways.

Peace Out!!!
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:42 PM
Thanks ALOT enrique...exactly what i was looking for....and i want to run the lowest ohms possible right?
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:51 PM
the lowest ohms which will allow the amp to be stable and as long as they dont over power your subs. btw, what are the specs on each? how many watts rms are the subs and how many watts does the amp put out and at what Ohms.

Peace Out!!!
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:59 PM
NO!!! if your amp is not made to handle low resistance you can screw it up seriously, some can run 1 but not all can

i dont think its possible to run 2 DVCs as a 2 ohm load youll have to go with 4, unless of course you have one of the few subs capable of handling a 1 ohm load(off the top of my head only the p miller mono though i know theirs others i cant think of right now) if your amp is bridgeable your gonna want to bridge it into 1 channel
looking at those diagrams youll want to run a wire and split it into 2 and hook them into the terminals on the box, inside the box run one wire to the positive and one to the negative(on the opposite side) now run a jumper between the other 2 terminals and screw in and your all set do the same for the opposite side, plug it in and hear the thump

wicked
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:09 PM
the 2 Ohm load is for a single woofer. the top diagrams are TWO woofer being wired for ONE channel. the bottom diagrams are SINGLE woofers being wired for TWO channels.

Peace Out!!!
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:21 PM
..btw way my amp is a 980 watt Power Acoustiks amp..and it does have mono input so what is my best option?
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:30 PM
what does the amp put out at RMS? 980 is probably the max output. i need to know whats the max RMS watts it puts out at MONO and at what Ohms. either 1, 2, 4, or 8 Ohms. also, i need to know how many watts the woofers can handle at RMS.

Peace Out!!!
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:13 PM
here are the amp specs..
Power (stereo): 220 W RMS x 2 @ 4 ohm, 2 X 280 RMS 2 Ohm
Briged Power 1 X 560 RMS 4 Ohm Mono, 980 Peak Power
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:53 PM
and finally after searching for an hour
12" Subwoofer 4 ohm + 4 ohm
200W RMS Power
Peak Power 600W
Frequency: 26Hz - 2kHz
Dual Voice Coil Design
Kevlar Reinforced Pulp Cone
Custom High Strength Basket
Extended & Vented Pole
Dual Custom Nomex Spiders
High Excursion 3/4" Santoprene

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:56 PM
well since you cant get 4 ohms from each woofer, i would wire them each for 8 Ohms like in the fourth diagram, and then hook them both up in parallel so it would create a 4 Ohm load which you can use in bridged mode.

Peace Out!!!
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:59 PM
hmmm, i missed the 2 x 280rms at 2 ohms part. you COULD wire them up this way, but you would have to be carefull with the gain since the woofers are only 200 watts rms.

Peace Out!!!
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:12 PM
i think they are 200 watts RMS on each coil
Thursday, March 03, 2005 12:53 AM
ohms are a unit of resistance.... its not proper to use the term ohms in sentences like "whats the lowest ohms i can run" the proper way of asking that without sounding like a newbie would be "whats the lowest resistance my amp is stable at" .... also, you should wire those subs in series parallel to give you a 4 ohm mono load, it will be easier to wire and you'll have less wires going to the amp, not to mention a little extra power.....
and its perfectly possible to run 2 DVC subs into a 2 ohm load... lots of subs come as dual 2 ohm coils. DVC isnt any better than SVC, its just a way to make wiring things up a little easier and flexable.
Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:54 AM
so how exactly would you wire 2 Dual 4Ohm Voice Coil subs into a 2 ohm load?? it is not possible.

Peace Out!!!
Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:22 AM
ok so can i wire them like this...i do realize i spelled amp wrong

Thursday, March 03, 2005 11:27 AM
Nope, that would be a 1ohm load needs to be:

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
05 Cavalier, Clarion DXZ375MP, Autotek MM8000.5 & 13Kv.2, wife's old car, updates coming soon
Thursday, March 03, 2005 1:24 PM

thats the best one from your amp puts out. wire each speaker like that and use the amp stereo. you can overpower a speaker a little as long as the power is clean.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 3:37 PM
Dude, you didn't mention that he would either need to use the subs like that in stereo mode or hook the subs up in series to use the amp in mono mode....makes a big diff. He'd have problems if he hooked each one up like that then went parallel to the amp in mono mode.

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
05 Cavalier, Clarion DXZ375MP, Autotek MM8000.5 & 13Kv.2, wife's old car, updates coming soon
Thursday, March 03, 2005 5:12 PM
sure i did. read it, i said wire each sub like that in stereo. one sub to on terminal and the other sub to the other terminal. they each get 280 watts

Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:49 PM
lots of amps are not stable with stereo 2 ohm loads
Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:27 PM
SomeGuy wrote:sure i did. read it, i said wire each sub like that in stereo. one sub to on terminal and the other sub to the other terminal. they each get 280 watts

I'm on crack....

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search