REALLY REALLY NEED HELP WITH CLUSTER - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
REALLY REALLY NEED HELP WITH CLUSTER
Friday, March 04, 2005 6:59 AM
I removed the needles on my cluster yesterday and well this mornig i realized they didnt worked !!!!

what could it be !

can they just be pushed too far ?

or like Burn told me, reset them like this: u gotta leave the needles off, turn on the car, and poine the needles where they were

anyone know how i can fix this ?

Re: REALLY REALLY NEED HELP WITH CLUSTER
Friday, March 04, 2005 8:11 AM
I dont think you had to remove the needle at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Friday, March 04, 2005 8:19 AM
I had to (i painted the recesed area under the black knob transparent red so the needles would glow red)

BTW my cavy is a 1996

Friday, March 04, 2005 8:37 AM
just found this i understand a bit of it but can anyone let say specifies this for a cavy?

I have repaired my own analog instruments but not for Cadillac. "Normally" there is a preset or preload on the speedometer needle return spring.
If there is a stop at zero MPH on the speedo face, the needle requires a preload to rest at or on the needle stop. This can be done with a precision needle nose to hold the shaft after you set a slight preload and while you insert the needle.

Otherwise the stop is inside the speedometer instrument itself. In either case, you must put a very slight load "forward" on the needle shaft, so that when the needle is released it will go back to zero.

Don't get exicted if it still does not work right away. Sometimes it takes a while to begin working again. If it is way off, or stays at zero, you have too much load.

If all the needles fail to sweep on test, you either have no signal, or not enough preload on the instrument needles.

Hope this helps!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search