Extension Kits - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Extension Kits
Friday, March 04, 2005 9:39 PM
I am looking for a new head unit, and I want to get one that doesn't stick out far. Most of the ones I have looked at that I like say I will need an extension kit, and make the CD Player stick out by one inch, does anyone have pictures of that? My mom's Sunfire has a thing on it and it sticks out like a mile, and I dont want that....

any help.. ?

Re: Extension Kits
Friday, March 04, 2005 11:16 PM
It is possible to recess the deck in. It requires some very simple hand tools and trimming a small piece of plastic that is not integral at all to your dash. Pull your stocker out and you will see what i mean. This is what is preventing headunits from recessing all the way into the dash.
Saturday, March 05, 2005 12:26 AM
So, for example, a single din 8" deep head unit can fit in it with a standard installion kit (with some cutting)?

I have a 1.5 din pioneer already, and im not going to disassemble the dash to check it..

....by the way its a 97 cavalier.

Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:32 AM
yes, it'll fit with minor modifications of some plastic pieces inside the dash. I should've taken pics when I had my dash apart to show, but you'll see it. It hits the back of the deck, but with it out of the way, it should fit. The Kenwood that was in my 96 when I bought it, was in a flush mount kit.

Brakes? I don't need no stinking brakes....I have air bags
http://members.cardomain.com/charlzo_2000
Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:53 AM
basically by removing these small pieces of useless plastic and a useless metal bracket you gain a little over an inch more of mounting depth.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search