Cell Phone Charger.. - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cell Phone Charger..
Sunday, March 06, 2005 7:22 PM
can i wire it direct instead of using my cigg lighter? 2000+ sunfires only have the cigg lighter next to the steering wheel and it gets damn annoying with that wire hanging down, especially cause then i have no where to put my cell. i'd rather be able to put it in the center console. the thing is, the charge looks like it has stuff in it like resistors and the likes. any ideas?

Re: Cell Phone Charger..
Sunday, March 06, 2005 7:31 PM
I was thinkin the same thing, I tried it once with an old phone and phone charger and it fried the phones circuitry....so I am assuming that you would have to get the right resistor's and stuff to put in line....I guess it is just a matter of the right wiring diagram

Sunday, March 06, 2005 8:46 PM
Open the plug if it has circuitry in it. Solder in lead wires from where the plug contacts the circuits. Cut away as much of the plug as you can so it will fit behind the dash. It should work if you do it right.

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Sunday, March 06, 2005 9:11 PM
hmmmmm....interesting

Sunday, March 06, 2005 9:35 PM
you could just wire yourself an additional cigarrette port

"Official Jewish J-Body"
Sunday, March 06, 2005 10:18 PM
that is what i would probably do , just wire another cigarette lighter, for instance inside the comapartment in the center console. Or even under the dash and then simply extend the wires to where ever you want the phone.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search