Rear speaker wiring help - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rear speaker wiring help
Monday, February 28, 2005 2:50 PM
OK I just got given some eclipse 6x9's and I was installing them in the back and found that there are four wires. What do I do to make it sound right.
I figure that one set of wires are for the Base and the other set is for the mid range and highs so the big question is what do I do????????

Re: Rear speaker wiring help
Monday, February 28, 2005 3:55 PM
you have 4 original speaker wires connected to the stock speaker?....
Monday, February 28, 2005 5:17 PM
Unfortunately I do I'll down load a pic on my profile to show anyone who can help!
Monday, February 28, 2005 5:26 PM
4 wires....as in two for each speaker?
one thing u could do, is get a power tester and just check each wire which ever one gets power is ur positive, and to find the negative keep the power tester touchin the power wire and then touch the other 3 wires to find the ground, whenever u get a circuit is ur ground

Monday, February 28, 2005 5:27 PM
hey i just finished fixing my wiring on my aftermarket speakers. It's pretty simple. On the connector the longest set of wires are for the tweeters, the short ones for the bass. just cut the wires coming out of your tweeters on your new speakers and splice them into the long wires in the connector. Then jus figure out how to mount your speaker(i have some experience) and your done. Let me know how it goes.

"Official Jewish J-Body"
Monday, February 28, 2005 5:38 PM
The only thing is I don't really want to mess up my nice eclipse speakers by running different lines to a speaker that slready has a crossover built in it.
Monday, February 28, 2005 5:40 PM
in that case then just use the bass wires.......other than that with that wiring there is nothing you can do short of replacing everything

"Official Jewish J-Body"
Monday, February 28, 2005 5:46 PM
That really sucks rool
I guess I'll have to install my eclipse deck as well I didn't want to just yet Because of $$$
Monday, February 28, 2005 6:55 PM
the infinity's i wired up were pretty easy

2006 Cobalt SS 2.4L 9.6 @74mph 1/8th mile w/2.28 60ft

Monday, February 28, 2005 8:05 PM
See the problem is this... there are two sets of wires for each speaker! :p
If you look at my profile I uploaded a Pic of the wire. One set is Base and the other Is trebble and MIds! I guess I'm going to have to see about rewiring the speakers since my stock speakers are crap!
I was hoping there was a crossover somewhere that is hidden so could disable it. I'm going to assume that it is done all through the factory deck!

If someone have anouther Idea other than installing my new deck sooner than I wanted than please help! Thanks
Monday, March 07, 2005 1:05 AM
you have the premium audio installed. the front speakers are powered by the head unit and the rears are powered by a factory amp. in order to make it sound good you will need to run new speaker wire from the new head unit to the rear speakers. i had to do this and i would highly recommend it.

Peace Out!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search