one sub not working - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
one sub not working
Monday, March 07, 2005 8:44 AM
hey guys, just to start out, let me say i know next to NOTHING about car stereo stuff and i am learning as fast as i can

anyways, i just traded my buddy my spring springs for two ten inch woofers and a box, the subs are kenwoods and they are white with red Ws in the center, i dont know the names, but noe works, and the other doesnt

i was talkin to the guy and he is going to buy me a new speaker but if i can i would like to get this one to work

the is nothing visibly worng with the speaker, all wires run just like the other one, but for some reaon this one just wont work, does anyone have any ideas why?

thanks guys and girls

Re: one sub not working
Monday, March 07, 2005 10:16 AM
Very hard to help with such little info...

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Monday, March 07, 2005 10:18 AM
maybe thermaled a coil. happened to me, replace it and its been fine ever since. i dunno if repair shops around your area do it though, ran me about 30 bucks for a dual 2x2 coil.

Monday, March 07, 2005 1:55 PM
if you have checked it with a good signal and u get nothing, then your pretty much out of options.

you'd have to send it back to kenwood, unless its under warantee just have your friend buy u a new one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, March 07, 2005 2:45 PM
yeah when i pushed on the speaker it made a crackling noise, so i ripped it apart, dont know what the problem was but i almost messed up my tv with that giant magnet

Monday, March 07, 2005 2:54 PM
my sub stopped hitting like half an hour ago, took it out, and one of the leads was, uh, unsoldered. i soldered it back togather, good as new. check that, maybe thats it? i doubt it though if the sub is making crackling noises..

Monday, March 07, 2005 9:47 PM
maybe that channel on your amp is buggered

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 4:37 AM
no amp hooked up, but like i said, i ripped that bitch apart, but i think im just going to replace both with some type r's

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search