New Rear-Speaker Setup - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Rear-Speaker Setup
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:46 PM
Ok ok, i understand that the first setup was a little tacky... that's why i decided to clean it up a little. this project probably took me a little over 4 hours or so...

before

after

before

after

maybe it's just me but i like the look a TON better...

yeah... i think it looks a lot better without the blue felt and the "sunken" look to 'em... tell me what you think though... thanks...

any comments are much appreciated...

Re: New Rear-Speaker Setup
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:57 PM
if i was a thief, id break into your car

and imo, it still looks tacky

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 4:46 AM
well I think ill be a little nicer, it def looks better then the before picture. But, im not to kean on the idea of "showing" what speakers I have :-)

--------------------
Brian D.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 5:16 AM
I think it looks good brother. Sound any better?

Beat it like it owes you money
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 9:14 AM
the new look is pretty much what mine looks like. the bass was vibrating the cartpet and the sound that passed through it mad it sound muffled so i mounted them like you have it and it sounds crystal clear. i have a limo tint in the back, so you cant see in the car anyways.

i dunno how anyone can stand the sound of the carpet overt he speakers

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:00 AM
SomeGuy wrote:i dunno how anyone can stand the sound of the carpet overt he speakers

amp the front components so you dont have to hear sound from the 6x9's

Thursday, March 10, 2005 9:24 AM
Thursday, March 10, 2005 10:31 AM
I couldn't live without rear speakers lol. Where else would the surround sound come from ?

And the new look is definately a ton better.

Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:04 PM
sndsgood wrote:i dont even run rear speakers.

What do u use for rear fill then? U'r sound stage must be way up front then, unless u have subs in the trunk that play up to like 600hz
Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:05 PM
^P.S. I wasn't attacking u btw.^ Just wondering
Thursday, March 10, 2005 4:20 PM
What did u use to cut out the holes where the 6x9s were, was it much trouble?

Thursday, March 10, 2005 7:15 PM
we have the same speakers i think

hmm my backseat looks pink in that pic. lol

Thursday, March 10, 2005 7:17 PM
i have dark tints so you can't see in the car anyway. you should think about doing that

Friday, March 11, 2005 4:29 AM
wow, your entire back setup looks just like mine... cool...

what percent or whatever tint do you have in the back? and about how much does it cost?
Friday, March 11, 2005 5:56 AM
limo tint i think. i took the darkest one available.

Friday, March 11, 2005 7:54 AM
yes limo tint. and i got a great deal from a freind. it was like $20 a window

Friday, March 11, 2005 12:53 PM
so like what% and how much did it cost?

thanks
Friday, March 11, 2005 2:50 PM
justin and charles.

i'm going for the most accurate sound i can get to get as close to a live performance as i can. all the concerts ive gone to have had all the musicians in front of me. this is why i want all the sound in front of me.

when you setup a system properly most people can't even tell there are no speakers in the rear.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, March 11, 2005 7:18 PM
I usually have my balance set so that when I close my eyes, I can't tell exactly where the sound is coming from. At least that's how it is mostly. But, I'm not competing anywhere. Plus, I occasstionally use my rear seat, and the rear passengers would be a little left out lol.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 8:16 AM
dont have to compete to have an accurate image, but whatever sounds best to you is all that matters.

i also run a realistic amount of bass to so rear passengers arnt drowneded in bass either. but again, it takes allot of power up front wich most people dont tend to do, most people prefer to run 1000 watts of bass and 100 watts of highs, and that mix just doesnt help.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, March 12, 2005 9:49 AM
Agreed. I'd rather have people hear my MUSIC coming from five blocks away, than just hear the thumping.

I'm just not a fan of the grills showing though, as was said above. Just seems...a little out of place to me. I dunno.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 11:45 AM
Hey Lundis? doesnt this look familar? Should be bet how long till theirs get jacked too?

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Saturday, March 12, 2005 7:07 PM
Kase wrote:we have the same speakers i think

hmm my backseat looks pink in that pic. lol

nope you have the 4 ways not the threes. but it cant be that much different.. I have the same ones as him tho!

Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:28 AM
i have to say, either way its better than the old caprices and montecalos with junkyard speakers leaning against the back window

wicked
Sunday, March 13, 2005 8:12 AM
im not a fan of speaker grills showing like that eiter, but gotta admit, its better then his first attempt.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search