Head Units and Preamps+ subs - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Head Units and Preamps+ subs
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 9:42 AM
I dont know anything about audio. My head unit got stolen about a year and a half ago and i need a new one. I was looking at this head unit because its simple and looks nice for a black car and has an Auxillary Input for my Ipod. It says it has 3 preamp outputs. Can i run my stock speakes with my subs?

Re: Head Units and Preamps+ subs
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 7:17 PM
I would recommend going with aftermarket speakers because of the sound quality, ability to be louder, and they can do much more without distorting than your stock speakers can. But yes, you can run factrory speakers off of an aftermaket head unit, just be careful about blaring your music a lot, you might blow the speakers.

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 9:05 PM
what head unit would actually fit in dash? I'm thinking of painting some interior pieces and I know what the length of what I need but it would help which head would help; there are some clearances I need hit me back
Thursday, March 10, 2005 3:43 PM
Sorry i didnt phrase the question well. I know my i can run my speakers off of it but can i run my subwoofers as well or do i need a seperate "sub special" output
Thursday, March 10, 2005 5:07 PM
Well the head unit u want is the ECLIPSE CD5444 heres the site http://www.eclipse-web.com/index_cd.html.... This cd player does it all...like you can tell it what kind of car u have, if u have tweeters an where are the locations, and time alignment.....with the three 5 volt pre out and the aux you are all set with this head unit.. Let me tell i have one and its the best head unit i have ever heard........plus it has a memory card in it up to 128MB ......u also can take this card and have your code on it so if so happeneds someone steals it they just made off with a paper weight.....also eclipse comes with a one year theft thing on it... like if they stole it u get a new one for free.......
Thursday, March 10, 2005 9:13 PM
Technically, no. You don't need a dedicated sub output to run subwoofers. Almost all Aftermarket Headunits have at laest one set of pre-outs which can be used, or if you just like the sound of crappy bass, you can put an in-line Speaker-to-RCA converter on your speaker wires. Some amps will have a harness with them that allows speaker level connections, which is better than a converter, but not nearly as good as dedicated pre-outs.

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Friday, March 11, 2005 8:13 PM
Ryan, aren't those decks a small fortune? get a nice pioneer deck, about 2 bils, and definately get new speakers.......my factorys sounded like shat, love the new ones

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search