problem with reverse lights please help - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
problem with reverse lights please help
Sunday, March 20, 2005 1:56 PM
ok so i have a 2002 pontiac sunfire. and i bought a bumper that doesnt have the reverse lights on the bumper. but now i have bought a 95 sunfire trunk lid that has the reverse lights on the lid. now they brought the lights and the light socket but wheres the wire to connect to the socket. i was looking at the original reverse hanging on the bottom of the car but they dont look like that going to fit. anyone done this before???

"Sunfire got stolen, all i have is the J to remember it by"

breaklight relocation
Sunday, March 20, 2005 1:57 PM

Re: breaklight relocation
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 10:55 AM
You might have to cut and splice. Get a multimeter, put your e-brake on, and put your car in reverse with the key on (do not start it). Your meter will let you know what wire is hot, which isn't, and you can splice into the 95-97 trunk.

Beat it like it owes you money
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 8:14 PM
yea but it looks like it needs like an adaptor or something. it has the bulb housing and the bulb but it has these three thin teeth that looks like the hole your computer has when you plug the power cord into it

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 8:46 PM
eh........ i dont get it, i never knew sunfires had reverse lights on the trunk lid

always thought they were all on the bumper

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 9:26 PM
Test those teeth for continuity, and even inspect them closely to see which ones you need to splice into. As long as you're careful, and don't do anything permanent without being absolutely sure, you'll be alright while you play with it and figure out how it all works together.

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 8:09 AM
possibly the wire colors could match? id check that before anything then it would be really easy.. if not still pretty easy

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 8:36 AM
Sunfires dont have reverse lights in the truck lid, Cavys do.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 6:08 PM
um sunfires 95-99 have reverse lights on the trunk lid. i need a picture of thereverse lights on the trunk lid on a95-99 sunfire. because i dont know how to connect the current reverse light cables to the 95-99 adapter.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search