lcd screens - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lcd screens
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 6:33 PM
hey how do you take the security thing out of your lcd screen so you can have it on while driving

"if you ever get lost in the woods, build a house"

Re: lcd screens
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 6:44 PM
it depends on who makes it and which mode. I know the new Pioneer AVIC n-2's are gonna be all but impossible to fool, since they have a completely separate security box with accellerometer, gyro, and tie in's to the speedo wire.

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 10:14 PM
i am looking at the one from jenson. if i put it in myself will it still do it or will i be alright?

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 10:25 PM
I'm not sure on the specifics. I suggest going to a shop that sells and installs that model, and ask them about it's security features. Don't neccessarily say that you want to disable them, cause they likely will not tell you how. Just ask them how it works out of curiousity.
On a side note, you do realize that those features are built in for a reason, right? Its bad enough these days with people shaving eating and talking on the phone while they go down the highway at 85 mph. Think about how wise it is to watch movies as you cruise.

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Thursday, March 24, 2005 6:57 AM
88 feet per second at 60 MPH. Doesn't take much to distract for a second, either.

Thursday, March 24, 2005 7:00 AM
i did this with my indash unit, there was a wire that was supposed to be conected to the parking break, and All I did was ground it instead
Thursday, March 24, 2005 8:15 AM
now if anyone gets in an accident they can sue jesse for telling u how to do it.

thats actually why most stores wont tell you that sort of thing now adays, because of lawsuits.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, March 24, 2005 9:00 AM
its not for me to watch its for the passengers to watch while were all driving, thanks for the advice though....

Thursday, March 24, 2005 9:09 AM
i'd connect the lcd screens in the rear seats grounded like jesse said, but if you put one in the front, connect it the normal way and save your(and someone elses) life.

Thursday, March 24, 2005 10:32 AM
The lilliput is a 7" touchscreen, its around $300, and has no security features as such.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search