MTX or PIONEER? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MTX or PIONEER?
Saturday, March 19, 2005 7:12 PM
Hey guys, kind of sub do you think would sound better in a sunfire- two 10" MTX's or two 10" Pioneers??

Thanks for you input
Melissa

Re: MTX or PIONEER?
Saturday, March 19, 2005 7:19 PM
both of those companies make various model subwoofers in both sizes, more details please....
Sunday, March 20, 2005 5:31 PM
My vote goes for the MTX - kinda cheap but they can take a serious beating. (provided we're not talking about the $50 specials)
Sunday, March 20, 2005 10:19 PM
Go with mtx. They only do speakers, subs mainly. Mtx has never done me wrong, and even my friend's bottom of the line 10 hits pretty damn hard, as long as he keeps it in the enclosure I built him. MTX subs are great, especially for the price, and their amps can't be beat in my book, at least not without spending ungodly amounts of money.

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Sunday, March 20, 2005 11:03 PM
i have pioneers in my car and tehy hit hard i am even taking the car to an audio show this summer when it is all done.

Monday, March 21, 2005 7:08 AM
MTX makes good subs only pioneer premier is good

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, March 21, 2005 8:54 AM
MTX all the way, they have the higher quality subs than Pioneer. I have 2 pioneer 10's and they are alright since I'm not going for the ultimate in bass pounding sound in my cavy. MTX's make some seriously large sized magnet subs that pound hard.
Monday, March 21, 2005 9:17 AM
i have the premiers best investment i have made.

Monday, March 21, 2005 11:21 AM
I go with pioneer in head units, but other companies get my vote for speakers. Infinity and MTX.

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
Monday, March 21, 2005 12:14 PM
If your going for quality, those 2 would not be on my list. I would suggest looking into JBL and Infinity.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Monday, March 21, 2005 2:37 PM
id have to say that for subs mtx is one of the best reasonably priced ones(infinity makes great midrange/components but as far as subs ive never been a big fan), pioneer has god HU but they dont match my interior so i refuse to use them(as for their subs EEEK run away)

wicked

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 4:37 AM
Bloodspiller wrote:Go with mtx. They only do speakers, subs mainly. Mtx has never done me wrong, and even my friend's bottom of the line 10 hits pretty damn hard, as long as he keeps it in the enclosure I built him. MTX subs are great, especially for the price, and their amps can't be beat in my book, at least not without spending ungodly amounts of money.

u do know that mtx makes amps right?

as far as wich to choose, both can be made to sound good. just stay away from the bottom rung of equipment and youlle be fine.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 5:35 PM
MTX makes awesome amps in my opinion, but they started as a speaker company. Sorry I didn't think that post through completely.

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 4:28 AM
Thursday, March 24, 2005 4:29 AM
I have 3 MTX Thunder8000 in my car.

Mike
Thursday, March 24, 2005 8:40 AM
i have one MTX Thunder 8000 in my car, and i have a friend running 2 pioneers, all subs are 12" in these cars, and my one sub running about 500 watts RMS beats his 2 runnin about 700 RMS. they pound harder in sealed boxes i have found. (but note that is the Thunder 8000 single voice coil. not the dual voice coil subs) i got 5 year warrantie and i had them in my house hooked up to the house stereo for about 2 years till i got an amp that could run it. and even in the house it rattled everything. remember this is in my humble oponion.

Travis Nobert
Travis Enterprise
Come on down to Evolution Audio in Edmonton Alberta, and I can HOOK YOU UP.
Thursday, March 24, 2005 7:22 PM
definitly mtx all the way........

"if you ever get lost in the woods, build a house"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search