6.5 or 6x9 for rear - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
6.5 or 6x9 for rear
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 11:59 AM
I want to replace my rear speakers....I am putting 6.5's in the front but what should I put in the rear. SHould I go with another set of 6.5's in the rear deck or just replace with 6x9's? Thanks for the help/comments.

Re: 6.5 or 6x9 for rear
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 12:16 PM
Typically 6.5" components will sound better than oval speakers. You can buy or make a plate to mount the component set (woofer/mid-range and tweeter) in the opening from the 6x9. I personally will be doing 6.5" component IF I keep rear speakers at all (the sub box I'll be making soon is loud and great sounding, so rear speakers may be pointless)

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 1:02 PM
what if i do not go with a compnent set...i was looking more towards 3 or 4 way 6.5's.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 1:04 PM
Only difference installation-wise is that 3/4-way 6.5"s are easier b/c you can put them right in the center of the hole. With components it would be off-set to one side b/c you have to fit a tweeter too. So the 3/4-way will def. work, and be easier to do (you also don't have extra wiring from it usually, w/ components you have the crossover to wire in too, most 3/4-ways don't have outboard crossovers)

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 2:11 PM
dont waste money on 4 way's you can get just as good if not better sound spending the same amount of money on a quality 2-way. if your going to put something back there, go with a simple 4" or 5.2" midrange. tweeter in back will throw off your imaging, and u want more midbass up front then u do in back.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search