99 sunfire factory alarm problem - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
99 sunfire factory alarm problem
Monday, November 26, 2007 12:52 AM
tonight when i drove to my girlfriends place i went to shut my car off and as i did the factory alarm set itself when i put the key to the off position. I tried hitting the unlock on the remote but it didn't do anything. After the alarm finally shut off I tried to hit the unlock button again on the remote but it just set the alarm off once again. its 3:30am and no stores are open right now that sell the battery I need for the remote. Do you guys think its a battery problem? I thought it was at first but since I'm able to set the alarm off by pressing the unlock on the remote it must be getting power. I tried to reset the alarm too as per the instructions on the inside of the remote which says to press and hold the lock and unlock button on the remote for 7 seconds while near the car, but that didn't work. Any ideas as to why it would be doing this would be appreciated thanks!

Re: 99 sunfire factory alarm problem
Monday, November 26, 2007 7:41 PM
I really really really need some help guys. This morning i somehow got the alarm to disarm itself. I hit the electronic unlock button in the car and that worked. right after i did that my key fob worked fine. later i went back out to the car and sure enough that same thing happend, only now the electronic door lock in the car isn't working. i have no idea what to do and any help would be appreciated. thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search