Where to install Rockford Fosgate amps - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Where to install Rockford Fosgate amps
Thursday, December 29, 2016 8:37 AM
2004 Cavalier 4 door. I'm installing two 10" subs, two Rockford Fosgate amps, and 4 new speakers. I'm wondering where I should install the amps. Should I put them under the driver and passenger seats? Or, if I install them in the trunk where should I put them? I don't want to eat up a lot of trunk space. I need it for groceries or other things if I go shopping or something. The subs are in slim boxes intended for pickup trucks (to save trunk space). Where are you guys normally mounting amps when in the trunk?

Re: Where to install Rockford Fosgate amps
Thursday, December 29, 2016 10:32 PM
A common place is to mount it on the back of the box. U could mount it to the rear deck if u have tinted windows or if u want to get a lil creative mount it in the spare tire well. I wouldnt reccomend placing it under the seats as first of all there is no room and u have to keep in mind that amps need to breathe. Any enclosed place should have some sort of cooling fan or look into a fluid cooled amp

ReD RaiN
Re: Where to install Rockford Fosgate amps
Saturday, December 31, 2016 10:56 AM
Victor Candela wrote:2004 Cavalier 4 door. I'm installing two 10" subs, two Rockford Fosgate amps, and 4 new speakers. I'm wondering where I should install the amps. Should I put them under the driver and passenger seats? Or, if I install them in the trunk where should I put them? I don't want to eat up a lot of trunk space. I need it for groceries or other things if I go shopping or something. The subs are in slim boxes intended for pickup trucks (to save trunk space). Where are you guys normally mounting amps when in the trunk?

I would recommend mounting them in trunk on the sides of the trunk, but you would need to mount a small MDF baffle board to hold them.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search