Sometimes the stereo is louder than other times... - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sometimes the stereo is louder than other times...
Monday, February 14, 2005 3:40 PM
sometimes i find that its louder than on other days, but i always listen to it at the same volume. like, my first class is at 8:00 AM and my last class is at 12 or 1 depending on the day. when i get in my car and start driving home, it doesnt sound as loud as it can be, but like halfway home it starts rattling the hell out of my car. do amps need to heat up or something before maximum output? or i rear something at one of the other topics about high current, high volatage or something like that. i have the amp bridged to 2 ohms, so maybe it starts at one thing, then eventually switches over to the other? i dunno but its annoying.

Re: Sometimes the stereo is louder than other time
Monday, February 14, 2005 3:44 PM
I dont really think its pertaining to your system its the voltage the car is making, and that is affected by weather, like right now im noticing a voltage drop cause its under 32 and the amps the battery makes is alot less

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, February 14, 2005 5:01 PM
i live in dominican republic man, its always hot... i hate the heat. i cant wait till the summer when i move back to NY. must. get. off. this. island.

anything else that can affect it? maybe my battery is on its way out?

Monday, February 14, 2005 5:51 PM
your hearing is going out....buy a belltone

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Monday, February 14, 2005 5:55 PM
no man, its not just the hearing, its how much i feel the bass too. i think my battery is starting to go out.. maybe thats it...?

Monday, February 14, 2005 6:15 PM
carry your multimeter with ya and measure it when it's normal, and when you think it's not as loud.

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Monday, February 14, 2005 8:46 PM
Do you listen to music on burned CD's? I've noticed that listening to an original CD is a lot louder than a mix CD I burned on my PC.... Possibly have something to do with some kind of normalizing the software does on the music, which causes it to not sound as loud...

Monday, February 14, 2005 8:57 PM
i've noticed this after having a system for awhile. Could you just be getting used to the noise
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 9:27 AM
i thought that, but then sometimes it goes back to loud. i doubt my ears are adjusting and then going back.. i'm gonna try what wysi said and try the multimeter. and yes, its a burned cd, but i keep the same cd in there for weeks sometimes(mp3 with like 230 songs on it) and the volume chaging DURING a song...

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 9:46 AM
try it without a burned cd....burned cd's and downloaded music act funny like that sometimes.

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 12:52 PM
I have this same issue as well. I live in Florida and I know what my system sounds like on certain songs. When I listen to it in the morning, it sound normal. But after the car has been sitting in the sun all day and gettiing heated up I can start the car, turn the radio on, and the bass hits MUCH deeper than normal. I think that it has to do with the density of the air at defferent temperatures. When air gets hot, it expands. When the air inside your subwoofer box expands, the subs think that they are in a bigger enclosure(or at least that's what I think.) so don't worry you're not the only one!!!

Trying to become the most modded out N/A 2nd gen sunbird 4 cylinder on the org with a..... screw that, I'm going turbo!!!

2.Slow OHC I4
Ported cylinder head, intake and exhaust
Relocated IAT with a custom WAI with a 6x9 K&N conical filter
All this, and I still can't go fast.............yet!!

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 4:00 PM
yea, thats exactly what i mean.. i feel like someone switched my amp out sometimes. i'll give it the multimeter test anyways though to be sure.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 1:54 PM
I know when I switch from different burned CD's and original discs that they all sound like they are recorded at different levels.. except the all my originals.. they all sound to be normalized the same. I'm wondering how that affects wattage etc.. test it out and let me know what happens..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search