Stage 1 gauges - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stage 1 gauges
Monday, February 14, 2005 8:52 AM
I have a stage 1 gauge set up molded into my dash. I have a Transmission temp gauge, Oil pressure gauge, and a volt meter. All digital, and wired correctly, with good seperate grounds.

However, ive noticed that when my voltage drops from 14.4 to less then 13v, my temp and pressure gauges drop to 0 for about 2 mins, and then they go back to working correctly.

Now i figure its an electrical problem, but i cant figure out where. Should i use the same ground for all 3? And everything follows the directions, and all wires are connected with either gold plated terminals or directly spliced together. I checked each of their fuses, the fuse block, grounds, connections, and both set of battery connection, all seems well.? Could it be because of the 2 Red top batteries?

The volate drop should not effect any of my gauges adversly, since they only draw 0.2v each.

Any ideas?

Re: Stage 1 gauges
Monday, February 14, 2005 12:27 PM
no one yet, hmmmm, need to figure out how to think.

Monday, February 14, 2005 1:28 PM
can i see a pic of ur gauges? they sound sweet...

sorry i cant help you, not much good with wiring that kinda stuff... maybe ask viper9821 or wutever, hes pretty smart

Monday, February 14, 2005 3:37 PM
the ground really doesnt matter seperate or common, id be more inclined to run your guages directly to the battery and not to some place other than that with a 12v source and maybe run a seperate power line for each, or you could just get a new alternator. I used to have this problem with my old air fuel guage it wouldnt work under 13v, if your running 2 batteries i hope you have an upgraded alternator that could be alot of your problem its not able to keep up charging 2 batteries.

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, February 14, 2005 7:53 PM
Im using two 6volt red tops, I have them inside the rear trunk lining.

Turns out, that the company, Dakota Digital had a recall on them. So im sending them back, ill use my old Styleline sunpro's till i get them fixed.

Thanks for your help rodimus.

Fact 1:

This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence
structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme.These elements are natural
to my process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Fact 2:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:44 PM
no pics?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search