radio stops working after 6x9 install - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
radio stops working after 6x9 install
Monday, February 14, 2005 3:51 PM
I installed audiobahn 6x9 dub269's in my 99 cav with the stock radio in it and now the radio will stop working and the volume will come in very slow some times but some times it will work fine.
I don't really know anything about speakers or radios but cold this be because the stock radio doesn't have enough power for the speakers.
any help would be grateful.
thanks john

Re: radio stops working after 6x9 install
Monday, February 14, 2005 6:52 PM
no, you should have decent sound with just the stock head-unit. Might want to double check the wiring, and poliarity of the 6x9s. Also, and someone help me out on this one - Does your Cav have it's own amp at all?

Brakes? I don't need no stinking brakes....I have air bags
http://members.cardomain.com/charlzo_2000
Monday, February 14, 2005 7:01 PM
yeah wiring got messed up somwhere..if it were the speakers then just those wouldnt work

Monday, February 14, 2005 7:21 PM
Before I got my amps and deck, I hooked up my 6x9's in the back without any problems - so I don't think it has anything to do with that. Are you sure you wired them correctly?

Friday, August 17, 2007 1:05 PM
One time the wires touched on mine when I was test fitting, and then they shorted out or whatever and the volume quit and then slowly rose up to normal. I'd say two wires are touching somewhere.

*2000 Cavalier sedan*
Friday, August 17, 2007 9:22 PM
sounds like one of your speakers is shorted out....check the connections make sure nothing is touching metal...not even the metal on the speaker
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search