Where to put extra speakers? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Where to put extra speakers?
Sunday, March 20, 2005 5:51 PM
Hey, I want to add more speakers to my car. Right now I have the 2 tweeters in the dash, 2 6x9s behind the back seat, and I made custom rear side panels which hold 4" speakers.

I want to add MORE but I'm quite sure where to stick em. Just wondering if anyone has ne crazy ideas?

Re: Where to put extra speakers?
Sunday, March 20, 2005 6:02 PM
A-pillar, b-pillar, doors, dash, rear deck, console under the dash.. remember though more isn't always better.

Sunday, March 20, 2005 6:11 PM
The only speaker you should add are 61/2 or 5 1/4 in kick panel with an amp. And remove the tweeter in the dash and the 4" in the rear

2 x Adire Brahma 15", 2 x PA A3000DB
Sunday, March 20, 2005 6:22 PM
well this 4 inch speaker is actually a subwoofer from my home stereo. im not really trying to get SQ, i want more bass. The quarter panels also act as an enclosure for them.
Sunday, March 20, 2005 7:19 PM
yeah remove this @!#$ty woofer and get some component. You seem to already have a sub in your registry. You need some mid-bass and a amp and some good componnent will be all you need for mid-bass.

2 x Adire Brahma 15", 2 x PA A3000DB
Sunday, March 20, 2005 7:31 PM
A-pillar, B-pillar, C-pillar, and the dash all work.

Sam
Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:10 PM
yea i have a spare 4 channel amp layin around that im not using..ill have that hooked up when ever i get the chance.. but right now i cant afford ne thing that actualy has value lol so im using this for now.. but that sub kicks hard for what it is.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 4:46 AM
iff all u want is loud just pull off your headliner and slap all the speakers u can to the metal roof. the magnets should hold them up there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 8:27 AM
Dude, what's with the home audio stuff???

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
05 Cavalier, Clarion DXZ375MP, Autotek MM8000.5 & 13Kv.2, wife's old car, updates coming soon
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 9:27 AM
this is a joke right. if you want bass add woofers. if it isnt loud enough add more power nad more woofers. you will cross a point when its too loud to sit in
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 6:29 PM
well i already have 3 12" subs in my trunk, its already loud as crap. But i just wanted to make it louder somehow..when i can afford to buy new @!#$ ill replace the junk..but untill then i use what i can get

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 9:21 PM
Prime Question Of The Day: WHY?! Do you really want to lose your hearing by 35 and have everyone in your town think you're an @ssclown?

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 11:00 AM
Bloodspiller wrote:......and have everyone in your town think you're an @ssclown?

yeah thats pretty much why we do it

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 1:13 PM
"loud" systems are gay...

concentrate more on the sound quality:
clean your signals up (add a signal processor, check your wiring to make sure power and signal wires aren't crossing or interfering with each other)
...squeeze some more wattage out of your amps by improving your power pathways (alternator, power and ground wiring, etc)

get it sounding perfect, and up to its full potential, and THEN ask yourself whether you need it to be louder.

adding more speakers won't necessarily make it louder, by the way

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 5:50 PM
^^ wurd up. ^^

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 6:35 PM
What would be the point of a loud ass system, that sounds like sh*t??? I really don't see the theory behind that at all. Yes I like my music loud but I don't like it to sound like crap. Have fun making your system sound painfully annoying.

Tim

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
"Hey man is that a Cavalier?" "Yeah." What you got in it?" "It's stock." "Oh."
Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search