Easy auto short shifter - Page 2 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Easy auto short shifter
Saturday, March 06, 2010 12:53 PM
i think its a waste putting money into what a $1500 cavalier looks like... its not going to be worth money.....
the money he spent on that shift knob could of bought more oil, or a new oil filter.

you don't need to be thought to drive stick... its self explanatory....nobody taught me...

and its not spray painted yet..... i gotta wait till spring....

i am gone from this forum

Saturday, March 06, 2010 4:12 PM
i have a shift boot on mine to....i must be stupid

Saturday, March 06, 2010 4:58 PM
Gary Frank wrote:i have a shift boot on mine to....i must be stupid

x2

The darn boot keeps slipping off the shifter though, thinking I may shorten mine too to stop that from happening.
Sunday, March 07, 2010 12:34 PM
minimoto95 wrote:you don't need to be thought to drive stick... its self explanatory....nobody taught me...

Obviously you don't need to know how to spell or punctuate to drive stick either .

No... you're stupid because you put 'to' instead of 'too'! Sorry, I couldn't resist !

Sunday, March 07, 2010 12:53 PM
minimotos95 wrote:i think its a waste putting money into what a $1500 cavalier looks like... its not going to be worth money......

It's called a hobby, you don't do things just because they're worth the money...

OT - Just when I think the OP can't do anything else lol. It's not recommended to manually shift an auto tranny and like most everyone else has said, the boot is for aesthetics, couldn't imagine swapping mine back...

Sunday, March 07, 2010 6:56 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:
minimoto95 wrote:you don't need to be thought to drive stick... its self explanatory....nobody taught me...

Obviously you don't need to know how to spell or punctuate to drive stick either .

No... you're stupid because you put 'to' instead of 'too'! Sorry, I couldn't resist !

we`ll played, we`ll played lol

Sunday, March 07, 2010 10:04 PM
Gary Frank wrote:
J TO ENVY wrote:

What the hell does we will played, we will played mean?!

I think you meant well....

Help support the JBO! CLICK HERE!
Monday, March 08, 2010 9:52 AM
minimotos95 wrote:i think its a waste putting money into what a $1500 cavalier looks like... its not going to be worth money.....
the money he spent on that shift knob could of bought more oil, or a new oil filter.

you don't need to be thought to drive stick... its self explanatory....nobody taught me...

you think its a waste and others don't. I have the money that i can dump into my car knowing i won't get the majority of it back, i could care less. its won tons of awards, gotten free parts thru sponsorships and won several hundred dollars with it at shows. if you are that worried about getting yoru money back then yeah maybe you shoulnd't mod your car. but tehre are those of us out there that have the money to do it and ejoy it.

not to mention i could show you stock automatic cars straight from the factory that had the shift boot on them. its purely aesthetics to hide the big ugly rod sticking up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, March 08, 2010 6:50 PM
David Diaz wrote:right now I can shift into 2 and 1 if I need to get the RPMS up and just slap it (sorry shift) back into Drive for normal driving, all with out having to worry about a clutch.

Plus the 3 spd auto is a lot stronger then the 5speed, waiting to see the sorry clutch is slipping posts, and sorry got a new clutch in posts from the rest.

If I boost my ride then this set-up will be a lot safer and easier to handle...
OMG, really?!?

If you believe what you wrote here, you have no clue how to handle a manual transmission.

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 4:41 AM
Daniel Simoes wrote:
Gary Frank wrote:
J TO ENVY wrote:

i don't know where the hell you got "we will played" from man lol

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 11:36 AM
Gary Frank wrote:
Daniel Simoes wrote:
Gary Frank wrote:
J TO ENVY wrote:

i don't know where the hell you got "we will played" from man lol

'll = will, I'll = I will, we'll = we will... your apostophes were unnecesary...

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 3:02 PM
i'm aware of that, but i don't think anyone but u care's...every one else knows what i mean....but thanks for the grammar lesson, I'll be sure to remember it if i wright a book some day....

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 3:23 PM
Gary Frank wrote:i'm aware of that, but i don't think anyone but u care's...every one else knows what i mean....but thanks for the grammar lesson, I'll be sure to remember it if i wright a book some day....

Great job on getting defensive over a joke, you said " I don't know where you got we will played from", so I explained it, and you got offended. Your grammar was corrected once and you laughed it off, I point out that your response also had mistakes and you get defensive. What I said was a joke, hence the smiley face.

Example of a joke: wright =/= write

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 3:44 PM

"'ll = will, I'll = I will, we'll = we will... your apostophes were unnecesary..."

i see no smiley face. you finished?

btw there's are R in apostrophes, and 2 S's in unnecessary....but who's counting

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 8:12 PM
I think most people are just lazy I drive my manual all day everyday in bull@!#$ traffic and its really not that bad/hard, people are just too lazy. IMO Manual> auto. not to mention I actually dont like getting bored driving my car.

CarDomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3828276
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 9:04 PM
Dang somebody is getting mad over here!

And to the guy about me not knowing how to handle a stick,
I worked for a dealership and have driven every single make and model out there.
The bad boys I like the most were the EVO and WRX, the only one I was afraid to really drive was this GTO with a true short shifter in the was so low and stiff that you could bearly tell it is in gear!
But trust me I have been there and done that and at the end of the day, yeah shifting gears is fun and maybe a little more control over the engine, but when you work all day long and drive awhile home its easier to just put in gear and go!

http//www.umods.org/drift.html
umods@live.com/ddiaz@umods.org

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 4:50 AM
Fashow69 wrote:I think most people are just lazy I drive my manual all day everyday in bull@!#$ traffic and its really not that bad/hard, people are just too lazy. IMO Manual> auto. not to mention I actually dont like getting bored driving my car.

yeah were all just lazy. geez. some people choose a stick and some choose an auto. lazy doesnt really come into it or not. some people play basketball, some play video games and some play hop scotch.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 5:00 AM
sndsgood wrote:
Fashow69 wrote:I think most people are just lazy I drive my manual all day everyday in bull@!#$ traffic and its really not that bad/hard, people are just too lazy. IMO Manual> auto. not to mention I actually dont like getting bored driving my car.

yeah were all just lazy. geez. some people choose a stick and some choose an auto. lazy doesnt really come into it or not. some people play basketball, some play video games and some play hop scotch.

jason prefers to twirl a baton lol

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 5:00 AM
David Diaz wrote:And to the guy about me not knowing how to handle a stick,
I worked for a dealership and have driven every single make and model out there.
The bad boys I like the most were the EVO and WRX, the only one I was afraid to really drive was this GTO with a true short shifter in the was so low and stiff that you could bearly tell it is in gear!
LOL. Just to clarify, having driven "every single make and model out there" does not mean that you know how to handle a manual transmission. Unless you drive cars on a test track, where you work doesn't mean anything about your driving skill.

Friday, March 12, 2010 8:31 AM
sndsgood wrote:
minimotos95 wrote:i think its a waste putting money into what a $1500 cavalier looks like... its not going to be worth money.....

you think its a waste and others don't. I have the money that i can dump into my car knowing i won't get the majority of it back, i could care less. its won tons of awards, gotten free parts thru sponsorships and won several hundred dollars with it at shows. if you are that worried about getting yoru money back then yeah maybe you shoulnd't mod your car. but tehre are those of us out there that have the money to do it and ejoy it.

not to mention i could show you stock automatic cars straight from the factory that had the shift boot on them. its purely aesthetics to hide the big ugly rod sticking up.

AMEN !!!! I don't have alot of cash to play with between bills and my kids but modding my car is a hobby...keeps me sane....I love doing mods and such when the cash is in.....I will never get what I have in the car as for labor and parts but so what..It's all part of the game....I prefer a manual because I like my car to shift when I want it too plus an auto is boing to me in these cars..not that i think they suck but just a preference....

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
" Leave the rice to Uncle Ben's and the wings to KFC..
Go clean or go home. "

Friday, March 12, 2010 12:46 PM
so when can we expect a post about you trying to modify the transmission out of a snow blower to put into your car as a cheap way around doing it correctly?

Hmmm, maybe a self propelled lawn mower would be a better option.

Sunday, March 21, 2010 8:24 PM

I blow my knee out how do I get to therapy now????
I have a 5speed love it to death but makes sure I have an auto car in the drive just in case I screw up my knee again. There are needs for both styles of car and not just because your lazy.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 7:50 AM
well It all comes down to personal preference, I Prefer stick over an auto and I have even owned an ls 4 dr a/t and I will never go back to that. No offense to anyone at all but Its seriously dissapointing to see so many nice cavs just to see two pedals its almost like a facepalm.

CarDomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3828276
Tuesday, March 23, 2010 9:57 AM
yeah because cavaliers are the pinnacle of performance. lol

now a days most cars theres even less of a diffrence in performance between auto and stick, allot of auto's now perform better then a manual

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 3:09 PM
I guess it comes down to what the owner likes. In my case, a nice automatic ls sport got to me first, so that's what I have. I often wish I had a manual transmission to keep it interesting, but I really enjoy what I've got.

Rollin' on 16's*
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search