Cavalier Dash Removal - Video (Sticky) - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cavalier Dash Removal - Video (Sticky)
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 6:35 PM
This is a quick video on how to remove the dash off a Chevy Cavalier, I'm sure this video can be used for many different years of cavs but this is for a 04. If you have any questions or need help just let me know. This is most ideal for replacing the stock radio. *Sorry for shaking a little, i was using a camera and it was hard to keep it steady.*

Leave Comments!!

Re: Cavalier Dash Removal - Video (Sticky)
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 7:46 PM
YAY for a useless thread. Seriously, J-body dash removal is the simplest thing you can do to one. And yes it is the same for all 3rd gens.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 7:59 PM
maybe for you ass... but there are many noobs that dont know how to do this, these videos would really help them

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 8:12 PM
Maybe for all of us. How would it help them? People will continue to post asking about how to and we'll still answer "search". It has been covered 1,000,000,000,000 times in this forum alone.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 8:15 PM
It may be easy, but it will come in handy for the people that are not sure how to but want to do it on there own

Im sure in the next year there will be a hand full of people that will ask for help for something to do with removal of interior parts and this may come in handy

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 8:24 PM
thats why I wrote "sticky" .. this videos are 1 million times better than those stupid directions from teamforward

Thursday, March 11, 2010 5:31 AM
Soap, The OP is a self declarer tool(check AG).

Also just because you wrote (Sticky) in the title doesnt mean it is a sticky. Mods have to review it and decide if it is good enough. This thread is just going to get buried in the massive amount of other threads in here and is going to be forgotten.

Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:54 AM
Still waiting for the DASH REMOVAL video. All I saw was the easiest upper parts of the

dash removed.

This has already been covered in the LIBRARY.

<------Over here

I would like a REAL dash removal video. I feel cheated...

Supercharged 2002 Cavalier Z24
J-Body Bash Veteran
Thursday, March 11, 2010 3:42 PM
thats why i swapped to a 03 sunfire dash, i hated the work it took to get to the stereo, way to go chev for a stupid setup lol
Thursday, March 11, 2010 8:00 PM
only 13 minutes... must only be the dash pad and bezel and not the whole dash (at my best it still takes me 20 - 30 minutes)

Thursday, March 11, 2010 10:42 PM
Kevin Richter wrote:Still waiting for the DASH REMOVAL video. All I saw was the easiest upper parts of the

dash removed.

This has already been covered in the LIBRARY.

Should have had my wife film me last weekend. Takes less than a hour to pull a whole dash though. Only tools needed are a 13/16 iirc for the steering wheel nut, steering wheel puller, T30 for the airbag, and a 7mm socket for just about everything else other than the two nuts at the bottom of the dash at the driver's and passenger side that takes a 10mm socket. Left for the junkyard last weekend around 8:00 am with a 45 minute drive each way, and had the junkyard dash in the car around noon. Might be easier with the 95-99 as the HVAC controls are on top and after unbolting all the wires and stuff can be left on since there's room to pull the dash in and out around it. Total cost for the dash and a new radio bezel was a SCANT $29.99!

Saturday, March 13, 2010 8:08 AM
when getting the wheel off you need to remove the airbag first you need 10mm for the two bolts on the back also the 10mm is ised on the sides and the bottom of the dash as well. 21mm for the wheel nut, I dont know what you used a T30 for? and 7mm for everything else also a precision flat head comes in handy.

20 minutes was my best time to remove a whole dash

Saturday, March 13, 2010 7:26 PM
T30 fits the airbag bolts, just like all those 7mm bolts have a torx bit that can be used instead of a 7mm. Pretty bad I didn't realize a 10mm could be used. I just remember the first time I looked behind the wheel to see how to get the airbag off and saw the torx head. Screwdriver helps with the electrical connectors, and although there aren't that many I believe that takes up GOOD chunk of the time on getting the dash out. 20 min if pretty effin respectable Darkened. I cut every wire coming and going at the junkyard instead of unplugging and still think it was more like a half hour even with the shortcuts.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 1:05 PM
Thanks for the video Bruce. I really needed to learn how to do that so now I can do my own audio, speedo swaping, etc. I'm pretty handy but I leave it mostly to the professionals but since professionals aren't careful anymore about busting up someone's S@#% Its better to watch little tutorials like yours so you can learn to do it on your own.
Thursday, March 25, 2010 11:51 AM
Im not gonna bash him for trying to help out anyone who needs it. Bottom line is though, nobody needs it lol.

So at ease tinkles! =)

Seriously though bro, theres already a sticky on this shtuff. A uh, REAL sticky. This threads about as sticky as a dropped bar of soap

Thursday, March 25, 2010 4:47 PM
I would be curious in pictures on the entire dash removal if anyone feels like doing a howto on that before um Saturday lol!
Friday, March 26, 2010 3:45 AM
Great video man. Always find videos much more clear then reading. Thanks alot.
Friday, March 26, 2010 9:51 PM
John W wrote:I would be curious in pictures on the entire dash removal if anyone feels like doing a howto on that before um Saturday lol!

I've pulled four dashes, and honestly it isn't that hard. Only thing I hate is those extra safety clips they put on electrical connectors. Nothing is really hard though. After dash pad is off you need to pull the radio bezel, both airbags, the steering wheel, turn signal and wiper controls, the cluster, heat/AC duct, HVAC controls (I just unscrew the two bolts and work the dash out around it), and radio. Not a whole lot of bolts left holding the whole dash on, and nothing hard to get to.

Thursday, April 08, 2010 2:30 PM
Great video dude, it is 1000x better than those clueless instructions, at least for me was very helpful.

peformance parts for sale!! Click:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/62265/
Sunday, April 11, 2010 7:43 AM
not gonna bash a video... I say good work

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 6:50 PM
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, trust me, noobs need this, whoever took the dash apart in my Cavalier before I had it pretty much broke everything. more squeaks and rattles if not done right. something like this would be good added to a real sticky.

01 Base Coupe, Z/24 Front Bumper, Fogs, side skirts and needs body work.........

Thursday, April 22, 2010 5:57 PM
this is going to help me a lot! good video. have you ever messed with the cluster? I need to replace mine.

"A goal without a plan is just a wish"
Monday, May 03, 2010 11:30 AM
i just need some pics of the damn heater core mine is leaking bad any body got pics or tips??

Monday, May 03, 2010 1:05 PM
I definitely appreciate this. Thank you Bruce! 100X's better than jslkdfa;lskndf;lkasjdfsakldf, periods and commas.

Wednesday, October 06, 2010 2:30 PM
Thank You So Much for this video!!! I'm going to buy a FM Modulator for my Sirius radio, and couldn't figure out how I would get the radio out to install the FM Modulator. I saw posts (only text) on other sites how to do it, but a video is the Best way to explain it.
Thanks Again!!!
Joe
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search