I am sure it has been asked before... - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I am sure it has been asked before...
Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:22 PM
First - yes I have searched, but no one has answered this specific question in at least the first 20 pages or so of the forums.

But I am in need of a new steering wheel. I have a 98 Sunfire and the crappy foamy plastic crap wheel has started to peel and the airbag cover is coming off. While I am not opposed to just replacing it with the wheel and bags from another Sunfire (or J in general), I was wondering of the wheel and airbags out of a Grand Am or Grand Prix would fit. I like the design of them better than the J's wheel.

Example of Grand Am wheel that I am looking at getting.

----

Re: I am sure it has been asked before...
Wednesday, October 27, 2010 5:34 AM
Why not the leather-wrapped steering wheel off a Sunfire GT? That's what I'm currently rocking on mine. Think I have an extra one kickin' around somewhere, too...

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 12:40 PM
If you have an extra one, I might be interested for the right price. =)

I can get the leather wrapped GrandAm GT wheel from my local U-Pick-It for $15.

----

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 4:42 PM
Yeah, I would just go for the leather wrapped Sunfire GT steering wheel since it will for sure be a direct swap.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 9:45 PM
For $15, see if it fits! Would look nice and add a subtle touch to the interior without looking boyracer-ish like most aftermarket ones.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, October 28, 2010 9:46 AM
The upside is if it doesn't fit, I just take it back and tell them it was the wrong year or something. Then I get my money back. lol

----

Thursday, October 28, 2010 10:25 AM
J TO ENVY wrote:Yeah, I would just go for the leather wrapped Sunfire GT steering wheel since it will for sure be a direct swap.

I would love to get one, but for some reason they are not very easy to find around me. And no one who has one is willing to part with it.

Except Agent Omega - but he hasn't shot me a price yet. haha

----

Friday, October 29, 2010 10:59 AM
BlueFire wrote:The upside is if it doesn't fit, I just take it back and tell them it was the wrong year or something. Then I get my money back. lol

Then I would definitely try it. If it fits, it was only $15 and will look good. If not, you return it and all you paid for was a drive to the Junk yard.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search