Interior Idea's? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Interior Idea's?
Thursday, October 28, 2010 4:24 PM
Sorry these pictures are dark i did this at night because it just dawned me to put a post up here to get ideas

Heres my Interior as is and im in the process of tricking out my car so to speak so if anyone has any ideas i would be grateful.

heres the other side and its still dark

this is one thing that i have put in its kinda hard to see but its a blue dome led light

Again sorry that these are dark i will try to find time tomorrow and get some in the light

Re: Interior Idea's?
Thursday, October 28, 2010 4:44 PM
Do what you like man, its your car. Just dont go spray painting random interior peices, and get rid of that steering wheel cover

Oh , and you may want to go through the photos and media section. There are loads of pics there

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, October 28, 2010 4:46 PM

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Thursday, October 28, 2010 11:18 PM
Cavs look pretty sharpe when you sand the texture off the cluster/radio bezel and paint it to match the exterior of the car.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Friday, October 29, 2010 8:18 AM
Throw in some gauges. Give it some performance 'trick'
Friday, October 29, 2010 8:27 AM
the first thing you should do is get rid of that automatic transmission...

CarDomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3828276
Friday, October 29, 2010 8:47 AM
tricked out with a steering wheel cover. lol thats awesome
Friday, October 29, 2010 9:30 AM
Fashow69 wrote:the first thing you should do is get rid of that automatic transmission...

There's nothing wrong with an auto.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Friday, October 29, 2010 12:00 PM
ok like i promised here are better pics that are in the daytime so you can actually see it lol

Mo Joe wrote:Throw in some gauges. Give it some performance 'trick'

well i did have white gauges in my 99, and ive found white gauges for this one i just have to get the money first

Chrismac902 wrote:tricked out with a steering wheel cover. lol thats awesome

ehh i got it with seat covers that are currently getting washed which my father and step mother got me for christmas

Raptor wrote:
Fashow69 wrote:the first thing you should do is get rid of that automatic transmission...

dispite the fact that i do like manuals for the simple fact that they really are quite fun to drive but i just dont want to have the same issue that a friend of mine had with his he went through too many clutches and well at least from what i saw he did not drive it really hard at all

Friday, October 29, 2010 2:05 PM
Corey Christer wrote:
Raptor wrote:

dispite the fact that i do like manuals for the simple fact that they really are quite fun to drive but i just dont want to have the same issue that a friend of mine had with his he went through too many clutches and well at least from what i saw he did not drive it really hard at all

If you know how to drive a standard car, then you'll have no problems with clutches. My cav is making ~220whp, is raced, and beat on everytime i head out and i am still on the stock clutch without any problems.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Friday, October 29, 2010 2:15 PM
yea i understand that and theres the money issue soo i dont know on changing it

Friday, October 29, 2010 2:28 PM
Tinkles wrote:Cavs look pretty sharpe when you sand the texture off the cluster/radio bezel and paint it to match the exterior of the car.

im in the process of sanding down and painting the center console and have a carbon fiber lid to go on the armrest. Must say ive only have it primered at this moment but it looks so much better smooth without that terrible texture

Friday, October 29, 2010 6:25 PM
What is that right under the radio?

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Friday, October 29, 2010 8:29 PM
On on Axe budget.. Not sure what kind of "tricking out" you really plan on doing..

No offence but if you dont have enough dignity (or coin) to get something a bit better then 3 doller spray on cologne im not sure what kinda of hope you have for the car... just dont start slapping @!#$ on or in your car that doesnt make sense, missmatched lights and that stick on crap under the radio show you could be heading the wrong with the project..

(and incase you take things too serious,the axe bit was a joke)

Friday, October 29, 2010 9:21 PM
tha_prowler wrote:What is that right under the radio?

Its an EQ

Got Chevy? wrote:On on Axe budget.. Not sure what kind of "tricking out" you really plan on doing..

No offence but if you dont have enough dignity (or coin) to get something a bit better then 3 doller spray on cologne im not sure what kinda of hope you have for the car... just dont start slapping @!#$ on or in your car that doesnt make sense, missmatched lights and that stick on crap under the radio show you could be heading the wrong with the project..

lol well the cologne was bought awhile ago so that doesnt mean a darn thing and no offence on that either lol
the dome lights one is blue and the others are still yellow because i didnt want the blue too over powering in the car at night and the thing that you call crap under the radio is called an EQ soo yea its not crap its apart of the radio

Saturday, October 30, 2010 6:19 AM
Got Chevy? wrote:On on Axe budget.. Not sure what kind of "tricking out" you really plan on doing..

(and incase you take things too serious,the axe bit was a joke)[/quote

HEY. Axe is the top of the line for spray on colognes, so if you look at it that way, hes going all out.
Saturday, October 30, 2010 11:10 AM
I have mismatched dome lights because when someone turns on the map light I don't want my entire interior to be like the second coming of God. My LEDs are WAY too bright to be used as map lights. It would create so much glare on the cluster and mirror I would have a hard time seeing anything.

So stick with regular bulbs for the map lights, or find some dim LEDs and try those.

----

Saturday, October 30, 2010 4:55 PM
Chrismac902 wrote:

HEY. Axe is the top of the line for spray on colognes, so if you look at it that way, hes going all out.

HAHA thats funny

Saturday, October 30, 2010 4:56 PM
BlueFire wrote:I have mismatched dome lights because when someone turns on the map light I don't want my entire interior to be like the second coming of God. My LEDs are WAY too bright to be used as map lights. It would create so much glare on the cluster and mirror I would have a hard time seeing anything.

So stick with regular bulbs for the map lights, or find some dim LEDs and try those.

Thank you someone who understands

Saturday, October 30, 2010 8:32 PM
If you are comfortable with the idea, I trimmed the shifter on my auto. (I have a Sunfire so the auto has a shift boot...) but then it looks less like a dildo sticking up from your console. I know there are a few posts with directions on how its done, and I recommend getting a Sunfire shift knob if you do that.

That was my end result. Just do a search on it, or if I think about it, I might be able to find the post.

----

Saturday, October 30, 2010 8:46 PM
OK - so I searched for you and couldn't find the post on the How-To.

1. Get a pipe cutter (WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE MUCH EASIER...) but a dremel will work.
2. Remove your shift knob
3. Measure an inch and a half and mark it on the shaft (I have heard of people cutting 2 inches off.. but I would worry about it not going into 1st)
4. Carefully cut the outer shaft - DO NOT CUT THE PLASTIC STICK (You will see what I am talking about when you get the knob off)
5. Measure the same amount and mark it on the inner stick, carefully cut that. If you BREAK the stick, you are #$%&ed and you will need to go get a new one... so BE CAREFUL
6. Measure where the notch is for the retaining clip, then move that down the same distance... notch carefully
7. Put your shift knob back on and VOILA... shortened shifter.

If anyone wants to chime in, I know this is NOT a performance mod, its purely for looks...

Again, I recommend getting the sunfire knob, it looks less like a T-Handle and you can add a boot to it easier.

----

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search