Dome light bulb - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dome light bulb
Saturday, March 06, 2010 1:02 PM
Hey i am looking at replacing my dome light and putting a red one in to make it glow red. the bulb size is a 906 and on one website i found that a 906 and a 921 were the same thing. is this true? any input would be great. along with a place i could buy it. thanks

Re: Dome light bulb
Sunday, March 07, 2010 12:35 PM
Yes. Either one will work just fine.

Sunday, March 07, 2010 4:11 PM
taking the cover off and spraying the inside with metalcast works well too, thats what i did, same idea as doing the HVAC knobs, i'll post up a pic later on if it helps any

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Sunday, March 07, 2010 5:41 PM
or you can get a 3" LED strip with 3 led's from streetglow and wire them in.

Sunday, March 07, 2010 6:02 PM
I painted my dome light, it's easier since most places don't carry red light bulbs that'll fit that use, ((At least around here anyway))

I'm not going anywhere just yet

R.I.P. Jimmy "the Rev" Sullivan '81-'09
Sunday, March 07, 2010 6:57 PM
I've got an 18 LED board off eBay that works great, 194 interchanges as well

Sunday, March 07, 2010 9:50 PM
I'd recomend these... A little more expensive than just a bulb, but it will look much better.

Help support the JBO! CLICK HERE!
Monday, March 08, 2010 7:26 AM
what kind of paint and stuff did you use on the dome and the hvac? and posting pics would be very nice
Monday, March 08, 2010 12:37 PM
Pictures of the painted dome light and knobs plus type of paint would be awesome. Also a picture of that led board lit up in the car would be nice.
Monday, March 08, 2010 7:58 PM
i'll get on it tonight, and post them tomorrow

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 1:06 AM
John W wrote:Pictures of the painted dome light and knobs plus type of paint would be awesome. Also a picture of that led board lit up in the car would be nice.

If you click on the example picture, and then select "action shots", it shows some installed and lit up. Much brighter than what I you get wit a coloured bulb, and probably brighter than a painted cover. But I've never seen the covers painted so I can't say for sure.

Help support the JBO! CLICK HERE!

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 7:07 AM
The LED boards from Oznium are great. The small one will pretty much light up the entire car. I have a red one in my sunfire, but I don't have any pics.

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 8:00 AM
Which are better to go with the small or the large?
Saturday, March 20, 2010 9:27 PM
Allen Ray wrote:The LED boards from Oznium are great. The small one will pretty much light up the entire car. I have a red one in my sunfire, but I don't have any pics.

I was just going to reccommend this.
Oznium is where I got my LED dome light (in orange) and it works great! They have THE BEST customer service and really fast shipping. Great company, you should check it out. They supply lighting for just about every car related (and home) application.

Oznium

And now you are reading my signature...great
My 2004 Sunburst Orange Sedan - http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=47&i=54063&t=54063
input is highly appreciated!
Monday, November 08, 2010 12:51 PM
I picked up one of the blue led boards from the local autopart store.... My only complaint is when I turn the car off the led is still slightly glowing... Any one else deal with this problem
Monday, November 08, 2010 6:37 PM
patrick lane wrote:I picked up one of the blue led boards from the local autopart store.... My only complaint is when I turn the car off the led is still slightly glowing... Any one else deal with this problem

Yes.
It will always have a dim glow.
(Although, if you have a 2nd or 3rd gen, it will stop after 30 minutes)
Reasoning behind it, is because those wires are parasitic. There is always a small current going to them.
Because LEDs require very little energy to produce light, (Much less than the stock bulb)
it will always have a dimly lit surface.

I had the same questions when i got MINE. thought it would drain my battery, and such.
dont worry, all is fine.

Monday, November 08, 2010 7:21 PM
Oo ok lol its a 99 so I should b fine after 30 mins lol thx
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search