Rear Dash Carpet - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rear Dash Carpet
Friday, December 03, 2010 8:39 AM
The rear dash carpet in my 2000 cavy has had its day.. Anyone have carpet recommendations? I just want something that matches the color its a dark gray / graphite color

Re: Rear Dash Carpet
Friday, December 03, 2010 5:05 PM
Just hit the junkyard and get another.
They're a dime a dozen at the UPull-its so go that route.
I went from my original blue to black and also got the third brake light setup on the back deck since I no longer have a rear spoiler for the third brake light.
Worked out perfectly.

Good luck.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Saturday, December 04, 2010 3:38 AM
as he said, junk yards have em for cheap.when I swapped mine it had cost me 6, you can pick up one in better shape ,same or different color or just try your hand at glassing it..

Friday, December 10, 2010 4:30 PM
or you can go to your local fabric store and get the type of fabric you desire instead of settling for the limited selection of stock colors. do your door panel inserts in the same fabric and everything ties together very nicely.

just use the old fabric as a template and it's as simple as taking some scissors to the new stuff gluing it down and putting the dash piece back in.

this is a very simple mod and took me (total time) less than 4 hours to accomplish including the door panel inserts.

that and painting the headliner/sunvisors black with fabric paint are the two best things i've ever done to my interior.

Friday, December 10, 2010 9:26 PM
You can buy carpet by the years here:
http://www.stockinteriors.com/
I bought an extra yard to do my package tray, console and lower door panels. It is very good quality, doesn't have matting on it and the backing is flexible enough to get it on.
A little pricey, but worth it for that extra special touch
Friday, December 10, 2010 9:28 PM
LOL, that is supposed to be by the yards, not by the years.
Friday, December 10, 2010 11:06 PM
PM me. I may have what you're looking for.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Saturday, December 11, 2010 5:06 AM
blucavvy wrote:or you can go to your local fabric store and get the type of fabric you desire instead of settling for the limited selection of stock colors. do your door panel inserts in the same fabric and everything ties together very nicely.

just use the old fabric as a template and it's as simple as taking some scissors to the new stuff gluing it down and putting the dash piece back in.

this is a very simple mod and took me (total time) less than 4 hours to accomplish including the door panel inserts.

that and painting the headliner/sunvisors black with fabric paint are the two best things i've ever done to my interior.

This is my vote. I overed my visors, headliner, rear deck and door panels with about $30-40 worth of fabric. No idea how long it took but it was all done within a day. I prefer it hundreds of times over stock since I got to choose the fabric type and colors.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search