trunk release - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
trunk release
Monday, December 13, 2010 8:38 PM
I did a search on this already and I found a link on how to install a trunk release button but the link didnt work. I know this is a repost topic. I have a 2000 cavalier base model. No power locks or windows. I have looked and there is no trunk release insde the car. I want to go to a junkyard and get the items to install a trunk release. But I know that there are two types. One is an electronic button by the driver's left knee, and the other is a lever connected to a cable on the floor. How do I know which one I can use or which one is easiest to install? Does anyone know the steps to install either trunk release? Thanks.

Re: trunk release
Monday, December 13, 2010 8:41 PM
The cable is probably easier. You would need the lever, cable, and probably the trunk latch.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Tuesday, December 14, 2010 5:18 AM
If your car has a trunk release with a black wire with a white stripe going to it you can do the button. I did this on my sunfire and its pretty handy. Just find a button off a newer cav or sunfire
Tuesday, December 14, 2010 12:41 PM
I looked, but no wires at all. Just a cord going from the key lock to the latch. There is a orange slot that moves the latch when I slide it over.
Tuesday, December 14, 2010 3:22 PM
sorta getto, but what i did on the wifes car when we shaved her trunk, put on a stock rear release, got a toggle switch, put in on the rear panel sorta behind/side the drivers seat, ran a wire w/fues from the the sub amp in the back to the switch, than from the switch back to the poper. works tits.

Thursday, December 16, 2010 3:15 PM
This is what I did...

http://gmscf.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1592

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search