04 cavalier /sunfire cluster,control head and window switch swap? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
04 cavalier /sunfire cluster,control head and window switch swap?
Wednesday, December 15, 2010 8:05 PM
I searched for this info and found nothing concerning this year range. Does anybody know if these parts are interchangeable ? I would like the red lights inside my cavalier.

Re: 04 cavalier /sunfire cluster,control head and window switch swap?
Thursday, December 16, 2010 6:24 PM
I've done that with the gauge cluster in my cavalier. All you have to is take out the old and put in the new, and it works perfectly fine. I'd like to do it with the rest as well.
Thursday, December 16, 2010 6:40 PM
what year is urs greg? So the cluster in our year plug and play as well as the heater and window controls? No modification needed?

Friday, December 17, 2010 5:31 PM
Todd Haworth wrote:I searched for this info and found nothing concerning this year range. Does anybody know if these parts are interchangeable ? I would like the red lights inside my cavalier.

Since you have a 2004 Cavalier Todd, here is what you will need:

- The gauge cluster from a 2000 - 2005 Sunfire. It will be plug and play. Also, the mileage is stored in the computer of your car, so when you install the Sunfire cluster your car's mileage will be displayed.

- The HVAC panel from a 2003 - 2005 Sunfire. You don't need the whole thing. All you will need from the Sunfire is the cover that simply pops in and out of place. You may also want to grab the control knobs from a Sunfire as well, since they also light up red.

- The master window switch from any 1995 - 2005 Sunfire Coupe. The bezels are different but can easily be seperated from the switch itself so all you will need is the switch, than you will simply pop the Sunfire switch into your Cavalier bezel.

Friday, December 17, 2010 7:08 PM
awesome! thank u i wondered since i had read about people doing it on earlier cavaliers and them having different plugs .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search