Need Help quick plz - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need Help quick plz
Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:31 PM
i got these white gauges for my cavalier and i want to put them in tonight if i can. I have the dash tore apart already but i cant figure out which or where the two wires that are connected to the gauges should be wired into one is a red and one is a black (i assume that they are simple positive and negatives but where and which wires do i connect them to. Please help i need the car tommorrow for my last college exam and i dnt really want to put this dash back togeather and have nothing done.

here is the gauges i got:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/i508-00-02-CHEVY-CAVALIER-AT-MT-TACH-WHITE-GLOW-GAUGES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZalgoQ3dLVIQ26ituQ3dUCIQ26otnQ3d3Q26poQ3dLVIQ26psQ3d63Q26clkidQ3d567621 7859069808332QQ_trksidZp5197Q2em7QQcategoryZ43952QQitemZ250743027317

Re: Need Help quick plz
Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:41 PM
whats that gotta do with face gauges there just plastic that sits in the cluster. You unscrew the cluster *facepalm*
Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:45 PM
idk these are self lit i guess there not like stickers

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:47 PM
so its a full cluster?
Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:59 PM
No he got the face overlay.

Corey. Whatever you do, DO NOT REMOVE THE NEEDLES!!! This is why the 00+ clusters usually go to Blackcat customs and get a whole new cluster. You will have to figure out what set of wires come to the cluster for the illumination, or what wire gets power when u turn ur lights on to power up the cluster. Once you do that, you can splice the wire into that, and just ground the black one. Altho im not 100% sure if ur dimmer controller for the dash lights will work anymore. You can slide them over, but just do not remove the needles, once u do its a PITA to reinstall them. You kinda have to slip it over the top of the other needles. Im also not sure if you need to remove the black face from the guages or not, but with these being self lit, im thinking you dont have too. Goodluck.

EDIT: I just read over the instructions, and it pretty much says how to do it. This will take u some time. There saying do not move the temp or fuel needles, but you can move the rpm and speedo needles. And there also saying u do not need to remove the old guage face. So just take ur time, and BE VERY GENTLE. If anything breaks, ur SOL without a cluster. Take ur time, patience is key in this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4:07 PM

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4:08 PM
white face guages r so ricey eh
Wednesday, December 15, 2010 5:27 PM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:No he got the face overlay.

Corey. Whatever you do, DO NOT REMOVE THE NEEDLES!!! This is why the 00+ clusters usually go to Blackcat customs and get a whole new cluster. You will have to figure out what set of wires come to the cluster for the illumination, or what wire gets power when u turn ur lights on to power up the cluster. Once you do that, you can splice the wire into that, and just ground the black one. Altho im not 100% sure if ur dimmer controller for the dash lights will work anymore. You can slide them over, but just do not remove the needles, once u do its a PITA to reinstall them. You kinda have to slip it over the top of the other needles. Im also not sure if you need to remove the black face from the guages or not, but with these being self lit, im thinking you dont have too. Goodluck.

EDIT: I just read over the instructions, and it pretty much says how to do it. This will take u some time. There saying do not move the temp or fuel needles, but you can move the rpm and speedo needles. And there also saying u do not need to remove the old guage face. So just take ur time, and BE VERY GENTLE. If anything breaks, ur SOL without a cluster. Take ur time, patience is key in this.

well then i am sol and i @!#$ up very badly. FML!! i did manage to get the thing wired up but thats not the problem i did remove the needles and now there are two pins the pins that the needles slide onto. well two of them have come out with the needles and now they wont go back in ugh FML!!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 5:31 PM
illldeca wrote:white face guages r so ricey eh

ricey spicey i dnt care what ppl think about how the freaking car should look if it may be a ricer, muscle, or what the hell ever it may be called. i like certain things and the car is my car so i will put wat the freak ever i want on the car as long as it looks good to me and it isnt an eyesore to look at which it isnt so in turn call it what ever u would like and i will not care im saying this now to let u kno.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 5:35 PM
Oh crap. yeah ur screwed. I know there are people in here that have fixed that before, with some thinking and some luck. They never quite work right again, but they work. Unfortunatly maybe its time to start to look for a newish cluster, luckily you can get them from junkyards if ur lucky.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 5:49 PM
yea were trying something ill let u kno how it goes

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 6:05 PM
good luck man. If worse case senario, and you need the car tmo and cant fix it, you can still plug in the cluster and use ur car. I know the car wont wort woithout the cluster, and you may have to relearn the theft system. Either way, I hope it works out for you.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 8:11 PM
well i got it working thank god lol i had to unsolder the gear box from the board and reinsert the pins into the gear box then solder them back on and it worked

here it is with it completed and car put back togeather:

here it is lit up:

Thursday, December 16, 2010 5:22 PM
Very nice good sir. Now since u already know how to do this, wanna do mine lol

Saturday, December 18, 2010 9:33 AM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:Very nice good sir. Now since u already know how to do this, wanna do mine lol

haha sure i wont mind lol its not really that hard once i figured it out lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search