Digital cluster swap 1989 z24 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Digital cluster swap 1989 z24
Tuesday, April 07, 2020 7:08 PM
I am toying around with the idea of swapping out my analog instrument cluster for a digital cluster.
I have removed the analog one because I think there are some fried wires deep in the dash. I smelled that electrical wire smell a while back and lost all power to the cluster except for the speedometer.
Once I took it out the cluster appears to be fine. No visible damage to the cluster that I can see. The back of it looks almost brand new.
I am trying to completely pull off the dash and believe that I have all of the bolts out (that I can tell).
The dash is now loose and I can rock it from windshield side to radio side but it seems to pivot from the steering wheel level on both sides.

Is it now held in by some really hidden clips?
Please don't tell me I need to drill out some rivets to get back in there!!

Any advice will be greatly appreciated (even if it is that I need to drill)

Also I am looking for a 1989 digital cluster if anyone has an extra or a lead on one.

1989 Z24 Convertible, White

Re: Digital cluster swap 1989 z24
Tuesday, April 14, 2020 3:28 PM
Just bought a 86-88 Digital cluster.

Would anyone have info on how to convert from an analog to a digital?
Also mine is an '89 so I am assuming even if I already had a digital cluster in mine that this one would not work.

I know I will need to swap and rewire the plug that goes into the cluster to make it work but would need an '89 wiring schematic to be able to match up the correct wires/plugs

Re: Digital cluster swap 1989 z24
Thursday, April 16, 2020 4:23 PM
I just found this thread but the pictures no longer display...

https://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/crashdummys-analog-to-digial-dash-swap-t116055,highlight,analog+digital.html

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search