2003+ A-Pillar Full Pod Replacement - Page 6 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2003+ A-Pillar Full Pod Replacement
Monday, January 10, 2005 3:36 PM
Killercavi wrote:If anyone here has a 03 sedan they DO NOT FIT!!! I was so pissed I waited this long to get a part that doesn't fit.

how about instead of making a general statement like that why dont you tell us WHY it doesnt fit. maybe its something YOU need to correct before condemning the part <br>

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26

Tuesday, January 11, 2005 6:31 AM
Listen crybaby it doesn't fit because the very top part slopes out way to far. It is the top corner and before you make a statement like that know who you are talking too. And I hope you come to this years bash again. <br>

ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE
Tuesday, January 11, 2005 9:14 AM
Big scary man^^^. Put a little elbow grease into it bro before you start trashing people's products. Did you contact the manufacturer to see if they could help you? Or would you rather just get on here and bitch than work on it?
Tuesday, January 11, 2005 10:58 AM
Killercavi wrote:Listen crybaby it doesn't fit because the very top part slopes out way to far. It is the top corner and before you make a statement like that know who you are talking too. And I hope you come to this years bash again.

wait a sec....whos the crybaby? your the one who came on here bitching about the part. all i did was tell you to be more specific about your problem.
yes i know they dont fit perfect. im trying to work with lotek about it. seems the mold got a little funked up. nothing big. if you line it up so the roof sections meet then SCREW IT IN it will sit flush. think about it for a second....i mean did you actually think i was going to go on 100% perfect on EVERY DAMN CAR????? thats just not possible unfortunately.

and before you go TRYING to threaten and intimidate me why dont you go back and look who did all this work for your lazy ass who just wants to bitch. without me you'd be sitting there bitching that no one makes the parts you need. well now its made but needs a little work to fit. THATS NORMAL IN TUNING. so please dont try to threaten me ever again. i dont care who you are. theres only one person here who im scared by and it aint you man....its Event

HAVE A NICE DAY! <br>

Tuesday, January 11, 2005 7:03 PM
^^^^ agreed.

well well well... hahahahaha

<br>

OEM CAMBER/CASTER KIT 10 People for $210 <P>
GOT ECOTEC?
Tuesday, January 11, 2005 7:33 PM
holy macarol! lol ^^

I got a 03 sedan...Im not byatchin! Ain't that right hypsy......... <br>

"In the beginning, each car is a blank canvas and possibilites are endless..."
Tuesday, January 11, 2005 7:58 PM
thats right Bomex03CavalierSedan. ive been helping him wire in his gauges and install his pod. no issues with him yet. so wheres your issue? <br>

Tuesday, January 11, 2005 8:55 PM
Event dont scare me . . .

he lives far far away !

<br>

My 2k3 cavalier | Nebraska Region SCCA
Wednesday, January 12, 2005 5:20 PM
so what is the general fitment issue then? the top or the bottom?
Wednesday, January 12, 2005 8:43 PM
i was able to get my top fitting in prefectly, however the bottom corner (where it curves to a point) is about 3/8-1/2 an inch above the level of the dash. and the alignment of the bottom mounting hole is right on a corner of the a-pillar
<br>

Lookin' Stock - For Now!
Thursday, January 13, 2005 1:06 PM
just a general question. If so many people are having problems with fitment of their pods is lotek doing anything to correct this problem for us?

Thursday, January 13, 2005 2:36 PM
mine is in a sunfire and does not look bad at all
Thursday, January 13, 2005 5:03 PM
i've got fitment problems to. I can get it to line up at the top but it's out like 1/2" on the bottom. I hope lotek will do something about this.
Friday, January 14, 2005 6:20 PM
i hope so to...

<br>

OEM CAMBER/CASTER KIT 10 People for $210 <P>
GOT ECOTEC?
Saturday, January 15, 2005 5:43 PM
I have talked to about 5 guys and they all fit good so I wonder if just one small batch had an issue as most seem to be ok...

That is too bad but that happens it can never be perfect....

I got one coming for the 98 fire gt and looking forward to it...

But I have done lots of custom work that I will just make it work....

like budy said it is modding not slap on perfect.. he he

but good luck with those that are way off I am sure something will be corrected...
Saturday, January 15, 2005 7:50 PM
I hope it was just a small batch and that they can get fixed. And the problem with fitment is that the pod looks like it is about 1/2" to 1" too short.
Monday, January 17, 2005 6:02 PM
installed in my little brothers 04 fire no problem.... we did need to use longer screws however. <br>

-Chris

Monday, January 17, 2005 6:05 PM
Okay..So what size screw and what size drill bit? <br>

2004 Chevy Cavalier
2.2 Ecotec
Modified all to hell
Forged Internals
Nitrous Oxide

Monday, January 17, 2005 6:07 PM
Ironray75 wrote:Okay..So what size screw and what size drill bit?

hypsy wrote:ok i got a new screw for mine. i got a flat head philips 10x1.5in screw. its a little bigger in diameter that the original screw to so youll need a 5/32in drill bit instead of the 1/8th inch they say.
<br>

Member of NEJBODY.
Monday, January 17, 2005 6:10 PM
Thanks. <br>

2004 Chevy Cavalier
2.2 Ecotec
Modified all to hell
Forged Internals
Nitrous Oxide

Monday, January 17, 2005 6:12 PM
no problem. <br>

Member of NEJBODY.

Thursday, February 03, 2005 5:30 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know I just ordered one of these from lotek and there was damage to the mold during production. They told me three weeks for the fix. So if you need one in a hurry hope that someone has a used one for sale.

LIVIN IN THE STIX
Thursday, February 03, 2005 6:39 AM
I got one for sale, hit me up with an e-mail.

Thursday, February 03, 2005 9:04 AM
Yes.... there aren't any 03+ pillars available for 3-4 weeks. I'll make a post when we get the shipment in after they're made again.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Thursday, February 03, 2005 8:10 PM
a plus performance i need one for my 04 sunfire i cant belive i missed all this crap i been lookin for one since i started rippin my @!#$ apart please please hook me if u want call my cell at 1815 621 3503 i need one bad BAD I MEAN BAD!!!!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search