Sunfire Cluster swap extra wire? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sunfire Cluster swap extra wire?
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 8:47 PM
So I finally soldered in the sunfire plug for my gauge swap in my 97 cavy. I got all the wires matched up except 1 its a brown/white on the sunfire side. Does any one know what this wire is for and where I should connect it?
Thanks for the help

Re: Sunfire Cluster swap extra wire?
Monday, March 20, 2006 9:17 PM
I have the shop manual for 99, and there is only one brown/white on the cluster plug. It's A5 on the Cav and A8 on the Sunfire, and it's the check engine light on both. I'm not sure if its the same for 97 but why not.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 5:49 AM
Thanks I finally got the car running the other day. I have two lights on "ets off" and "air bag" The air bag i know because there is none in but could the wire be for the ETS. if so I can live with out it.
Thanks

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 10:07 PM
From what I can tell, the ETS light is turned on or off by the brake control module at startup using the data wire A2. It must be connected right because it uses the same wire to talk to the PCM so if the car starts the wire should be right. The ETS light also comes on if the Ebrake is on, but then the brake light would be on too. So I'm not sure what would keep the light on. Maybe it needs some black tape over it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search