JUICEDZ4 projects, Im back... - Page 27 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: JUICEDZ4 projects, Im back...
Friday, May 04, 2018 2:40 PM
So in for updates. I'm still in love with that rear suspension.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Saturday, May 05, 2018 5:56 AM
that rear sway bar setup is SEX!!

always been a fan of this car and I'm glad you're finally getting around to work on it again.

Might have to pay you a visit when I'm up at the lake this summer!

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 8:53 AM
All of the car is sex.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, June 05, 2018 8:59 AM
Keep forgetting to update here. whoops. This brings us up til just two days ago.

Started on the new stainless fuel sending unit last night. I wanted to have true 3/8 supply and return lines to support the new Walbro 400 pump. And why not do it in stainless?

Here is the original

And the toasty connector

And where Im at on the new one. I more or less kept the location of the tubes into the cover just routing them a little different. The vent will go around the outside of these two, Im just waiting on the Fuel Safe vent / valve to arrive. The new connector should be here today so I can get that sorted at least.

----------------

Little more progress on the new sending unit.

Made some little spacers out of 3/8 tube and glued them in place.

Then fabbed up a mount for the pump, which will get hose clamped in place.

Sourced a rollover vent valve from fuelsafe, and a new bulkhead connector from Racetronix.

Fuel filter mounted

New 3/8 nicopp lines run front to back.

The rest of the hose ends and tube nuts / sleeves I need to finish up the brake and fuel lines are due today.

------------

Sunday I finished up the new rear brake and fuel hard lines and the rear flex fuel lines.

Not shown are the clamps I added to secure the crossover line.

Filter and return lines in and secured where necessary.

And there is the whole smash before the final install. I had to lower the drivers side front subframe to snake it though. Luckily its only 6 bolts.

Dan

Currently on jackstands.

Project updates and stuff: www.clubhousecustoms.com
email: dan at clubhousecustoms dot com
Tuesday, June 05, 2018 10:40 AM
nice update! your new lines look great! What is the rating on that pump?

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 11:19 AM
RaGiN Z (the fake 05) wrote:nice update! your new lines look great! What is the rating on that pump?

Flow rate: 400 LPH @ 40PSI @ 13.5 Volts

Currently on jackstands.

Friday, June 08, 2018 6:03 PM
Great to see an update on this car. I get excited when email says j-body sub scription in title.

Great work as always.

Thursday, June 14, 2018 6:55 AM
Almost done with the new sending unit / pump setup.

Silver brazed the tubes to the top plate. Its not perfect, but its plenty strong and wont leak, so Ill take it.

And then mounted and wired the pump. I used a small piece of viton between the pump and hanger, and of course the walbro rubber isolator on the bottom

And got new wires soldered directly to the level sensor board. Previously it grounded to the return tube via a mounting rivet and had a little tab for the other lead, but the way im mounting it now I had to do it different. All thats left is to mount it and terminate the wires into the bulkhead connector.

Dan

Currently on jackstands.

Monday, July 23, 2018 7:35 AM
Im a bit behind on updates. So here goes.

Sending unit installed in tank and harness made

Installed, plumbed, and wired.

Trunk battery and pump wiring / relay

Had the injectors cleaned and flow checked. Fuel rail repainted. New fuel rail gauge installed. Braided lines installed.

Coil tray remounted.

With that done I finished up some interior stuff since I had the seats and rear seat delete out to update the fuel pump wiring.

Added foil backed butyl sound deadening to the floor and firewall and then topped it with the 1/2" dynamat dynapad. Was tired of the tin can. (no pics)

Rear seat delete cleaned up and reinstalled. (I had to remove it do do the fuel pump wiring). Also removed the rear quarter window tint.

The black seat covers I ordered to replace the red just wouldnt fit right so I decided just to clean up the red and rock em.

A little soaking with Folex (the greatest fabric cleaner ever) and they were looking new. I even sewed up a few rips.

Seats back in place

Also not shown:

- flushed and bled brakes
- oil change
- new spark plugs
- fuel filled and primed

Fired it up for the first time since 2011 this past saturday!

And got it back on the ground yesterday. Hoping to pull it outside tonight to get it up to operating temp. Then I need to flush and refill the coolant system - the state of it looks pretty awful.

Also, removed the checkers. Its not my fav look, but I like it a lot better than with them. I do wish it was one color, but that will have to wait til maybe never.

Dan

Currently on jackstands.

Monday, July 23, 2018 10:06 AM
excellent update!!

glad to see her running again!

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 2:38 PM
this was always one of my favorite builds, and enjoy getting daily updates on the chat. lol

FU Tuning

Monday, August 17, 2020 1:59 PM
Fast forward two more years.

I put about 20 miles on this thing in july 2019.

Finally decided this year to get it out and fix some @!#$ so I could maybe enjoy it a little.

Washed it

Drove it like 30 miles and remembered i had a bad clunk coming from the camber plates.

Added some shims and loctite 609 to my camber plates so I no longer have front end clunks.

Did a bunch of mods to the megasquirt so I could finally run a GM IAC. With that done and working (still needs setup) I updated MS2 firmware to the latest, which is about 11 years newer. haha.

Drove some more, with proof even (ignore the red F-150 that goes by at exactly the wrong time, :lol: )

https://youtu.be/VxMS9phRNKA

And then my coolant fan decided to fail. Somehow the shaft backed out of the blade hub so the motor would spin but the blades just sat there, awesome. New one is on order and should be here wed-ish. At least its easy to get apart. Had to do all this to get access to the lower fan mount bolts - took maybe 30 mins.

And thats prob the last update for another year. But really, I hope to get a few more things worked out and get back to the dyno soon (its only been 9 years).... ugh

Dan

Currently on jackstands.

Monday, August 17, 2020 2:55 PM
Still looking good, glad to see you're keeping it going

I still love this car.

DRIVING FORCE FABRICATIONS

Tuesday, August 18, 2020 9:47 PM
Still looking good man!

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41
Sunday, October 11, 2020 5:28 PM
Just checking in since I know this car still exists

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search