Found a prototype quad4 - Page 4 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Found a prototype quad4
Friday, February 11, 2011 9:16 PM
this is just effin sweet!

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...

Friday, February 11, 2011 9:19 PM
Justin Stinepring wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Justin Stinepring wrote:As well as the water pump.

i say go electric. free up some power.

I would like to. At least that would be the ultimate way to go. But Im gonna try to clean this one up and see how it turns out. Ive had two friends that work at part stores trying to find something to work with no luck. And a guy thats been a mechanic for over 25 years didnt have any ideas either.

I dont know if anyone could get a close look at it or not, but any ideas on the rear main? An LD9 fits over the crank perfect, but where it bolts to the motor its a good bit off. If i have to Ill try to get a decent picture of it with the engine stand in the way.Im really dreading having to get something made for it, thats just more money.

you have something rare and unique... this is one thing i for sure would NOT go cheap on. do it and do it right. make it last.

Friday, February 11, 2011 10:26 PM
don't forget to torque all those oil pan and valve cover bolts back to specification.

Saturday, February 12, 2011 5:36 AM
IF this engine was made for the Fiero wouldnt you wanna try a tranny for a fiero

Saturday, February 12, 2011 6:58 AM
z yaaaa wrote:the main caps look very similar to that of an LD9 and the crank looks very similar to that of a quad 4. i'd be my left nut its forged too....

The crank is a cast crank.See the parting line on the rod throws where it was cast? A cast crank has a really thin partying line, on a forged crank, that parting line would be 1/4 inch across......

Guess you lost ur left nut................

Saturday, February 12, 2011 7:40 AM
right on man, good catch.

i guess ill ship you my nut... ?? hahaha

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Saturday, February 12, 2011 8:01 AM
shipping quote to 65232? lol

Saturday, February 12, 2011 8:09 AM
Judging by the looks of it, in my opinion its either a early design study for the Saturn engines, or a feasability concept for designs or casting techniques. Either way, I doubt this one was ever intended to be in a running vehicle. The lack of definitive mounting points for engine bay installation leads me to believe this might have been a mock up for engine dyno and proof of concept only.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Saturday, February 12, 2011 9:39 AM
Slowzee wrote:shipping quote to 65232? lol

Ill settle for a Large pepporoni pizza and a case of mountain dew
Saturday, February 12, 2011 5:03 PM
keep the updates coming, this may just be the post that keeps me sane at work, its hard to find an interesting read on the net when you spend 10+ hrs a day on the computer

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Monday, May 23, 2011 7:57 AM
And what happened?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Monday, May 23, 2011 7:40 PM
He doesnt get on j body much anymore, but hes still going with it. Hes been working on the car lately just hasnt messed much with motor. We are gonna try to get the motor bolted to the tranny and mock it up in the engine bay to figure out mounting points soon I think. I will try to get him to poke his head in here and give an update.

Monday, May 23, 2011 7:55 PM
RedCavalac wrote:He doesnt get on j body much anymore, but hes still going with it. Hes been working on the car lately just hasnt messed much with motor. We are gonna try to get the motor bolted to the tranny and mock it up in the engine bay to figure out mounting points soon I think. I will try to get him to poke his head in here and give an update.

Thats about the best update I can give anyone myself. It wont be long till we get it mocked up in the car. Its just not at the top of my priority list at the moment. In due time though, I promise.
Monday, May 23, 2011 8:00 PM
In for finished pics and vids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, June 02, 2011 4:05 PM
Well good news. I got a different job that will give me MUCH better hours to work on this. Im picking up a picker saturday, so we can work on getting this beast mounted.
Thursday, June 02, 2011 7:42 PM
This is the best thread ive seen on the Org in a long time. I will be watching and learning from this

Sunday, June 19, 2011 10:59 PM
awesome thread will make sure to watch this one
Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:16 AM
Getting in on this one. Curiosity is piqued, lol. Hell of a find, but I do wonder....what would it be like in a Fiero....hmm
Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:34 PM
oh yeah im loving this post

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af67/tntodc38107/droid.jpg
speed is only for those who use it, smoke or get smoked!!!
Friday, July 01, 2011 1:32 PM
anything new?

Friday, July 01, 2011 3:48 PM
I like to see rare items like this

Sunday, August 14, 2011 2:25 AM
I need updates soon!!!

Sunday, August 14, 2011 6:10 AM
Updates?

Thursday, November 17, 2011 3:37 PM
Anything ever happen with this beast?

Thursday, November 17, 2011 8:05 PM
This I would like to know^^^

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search