Vertical doors on a 4door? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Vertical doors on a 4door?
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 6:50 PM
Well with the GP from Modified Motorsports going on now with a steal of a price for the vert door kit, I really wouldn't mind having a set for myself. The only setback that I see is that I have a 4-door. Anybody think this could roll well? I mean I know its original with a 4 door to lambo the fronts and maybe suicide the rears. But what is everybody's opinion on the matter? This is a pic chopped by "Jbodied" Thanks to him for doing it, and thanks for the comment on my wheels.

Think I should go and do it? If I do, you'll all see it in Indiana in July!!!

Thanks for your input guys!

Re: Vertical doors on a 4door?
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 8:01 PM
there's been sedans with lambos on... i don't remember right off hand who, but there are some. it looks pretty good.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 8:29 PM
Heres is a pic of a sedan with vertical doors

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 8:45 PM
itlooks alot better if you do it to the rear as well but i dont think there is a kit out there for the rear ona cavalier yet
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 8:59 PM
YOU CAN NOT SUICIDE THE REARS! the wheel well is our REAR DOOR, no room for hinges.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 9:57 PM
Mmmmm Aaron Lancaster has some... his from KY area..... PhatCavy or something like that on here... Silver4dr Cavalier with Type J Kit sitting on 19s I believe. . . .

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 2:54 AM
^^^ Are you thinking of PhlatCav?

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 6:11 AM
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote:YOU CAN NOT SUICIDE THE REARS! the wheel well is our REAR DOOR, no room for hinges.

Can you see?

Nothing is impossible, just takes some creativity, custom work, and time!

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:27 AM
That's not suicide though... so you're wrong about that.

It can be done though, it just takes a lot of customization and bracing.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:28 AM
^^^ Those are lambo'd. Not suicide. Sedans can't suicide their doors cuz the shape of the door. It's possible to do the coupes because the door is flat in the back.

Premium as of January 25, 2005. Support the Org.
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 12:09 PM
The Ferrari(Now Bagged) wrote:
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote:YOU CAN NOT SUICIDE THE REARS! the wheel well is our REAR DOOR, no room for hinges.

Can you see?

Nothing is impossible, just takes some creativity, custom work, and time!

that's not even a cavalier!

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 2:38 PM
Anyways, back on topic ... I'm still on the fence about getting Vertical doors for my car. I'm trying to picture in my mind me getting out of the car with the fronts going up, and the rears opening regular.

You guys think it will flow well? I will be putting on my kit before I get the lambos done if I do go through with the kit.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 2:53 PM
Do a suicide lambo... What i mean is having the doors lambo backwards, toward the rear of the car. This will take a ton of work, but you could do it with some hinges at the pillar and a heavy actuator...

?

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 2:56 PM
IMO body kit, and lower it first. Mods will complement other mods. It'll look out of place if you just slapped vertical doors on a stock looking (with the exception of the rims of course) sedan.

<a href="http://webpages.charter.net/nightmare-32/"></a>
...Oh no I'm a big bad fake moderator...[]Support the ORG, go Premium
<a href="http://www.j-body.org/forums/rules.php">Please, read the rules.</a> | Retired Sig Maker Count: 74</a> | <a href="http://www.j-body.org/~gatewayjbody">Gateway J-body's</a>

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 3:03 PM
jnight32 wrote:IMO body kit, and lower it first. Mods will complement other mods. It'll look out of place if you just slapped vertical doors on a stock looking (with the exception of the rims of course) sedan.
Good point. I'm with night

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 3:19 PM
It is lowered Pro-Kit and Koni Reds. And I'm debating about going to sportlines, but damn some of the roads in New Hampshire would rip my car to shreads with the razor sharp frost heaves cutting up the pavement.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 3:20 PM
just to give you an idea of what a 4 door looks like lambo'd. you can look on my domain page to see more pix if you want.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 3:28 PM
Joshua, you were exactly what I have been looking for! Looks like I'm sold! I'll see you all in the P&M forum in a couple months with pics

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 3:30 PM
cool. good luck.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search