All Years DRL Disable and Other Headlight Tricks - Page 3 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: All Years DRL Disable and Other Headlight Tricks
Monday, March 12, 2007 3:08 PM
If you do the "cut blue wire, then ground the module side" method, no.. it will produce no warning lights. If you pull the relay and use a jumper wire... you will definitely get the flashing DRL error light, and a service light as well.

Monday, March 12, 2007 5:00 PM
well, i did it this afternoon and it worked great

Great write up!!

Monday, March 12, 2007 6:34 PM
How did you guys go about removing the connector? On my 02' I am having difficulty removing it. I push down on the blue tab and the pull back but it appears to be stuck. Did any of you need to resort to pliers? Thanks.
Tuesday, March 13, 2007 4:28 AM
mine slid out....i just had to wiggle it a little bit

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 1:20 AM
was there a write up on how to have the Fog Lamps stay on with High Beams on an 03 Cav?

Sam
Thursday, April 12, 2007 8:44 AM
I just did the DRL disable on my 04, and they only stay off for a little while. They turn on in the middle of driving. I can sit in the garage all day and they wont turn on, but when i start moving at like 20 MPH they turn on. Whats worng here I did everything exactly as stated except it just soldered the ground wire rather than using a quick splice. Also my car has a manual trans, could that make a difference?

Best Time 15.917 at 86.86MPH

Saturday, April 14, 2007 8:21 PM
Also the Brake light is on at all times. Does anyone know what is wrong?

Best Time 15.917 at 86.86MPH

Saturday, April 14, 2007 8:41 PM
You got the light blue wire? It's the dark blue one. The light blue one goes to your e-brake switch. You grounded it, so it thinks the e-brake is on. That keeps the DRLs off til you keep moving.

Wrong wire

Sunday, April 29, 2007 6:24 PM
1st post here. and slightly different than the purpose of the thread.. anyway I have a '96 sunfire GT with a faulty multifunction switch. The DRL's stay on all the time no matter the position of the headlight switch or high beam toggle. The headlights will pop on when you hold the turn signal knob toward the High Beam toggle point.

Instead of replacing the multifunction switch, is it viable to hardwire the low beams to the DRL position? Any other advice is welcome and appreciated.
Saturday, May 05, 2007 3:33 PM
so to get the low and high beams on together on a 98 which way should i wire up the relays, the way kardain said first with 2 relays with 87 to low pos.,85 to high pos., 30 to battery, and 86 to ground or the way louis did on his 96 which was pin 30 to low beam ground, 85 to pos. high beam, 86 to ground high beam and 87 to ground the relay? i hate to go cutting on wires till it works.

Also on the drl disable for the 98, dont i have to grond the pin b8 small blue wire on the ecm side of the plug so i dont have the lights on in the cluster? the how to just says to cut it and tape both ends up.
Re: All Years DRL Disable and Other Headlight Tric
Sunday, May 06, 2007 8:44 AM
does this throw a SES liite????

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Sunday, May 13, 2007 9:53 AM
thanx for the great info!!!

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 7:29 PM
I got a 2000 cavalier. I cut my wire and grounded it to the obd2 bolt. For some reason about 10 mph`s the lights come on again. and the brake light is always on did i do something wrong here cut the wrong wire perhaps? there was 2 blue wires so maybe just cut the wrong wire any help would be greatly apreciated
Thursday, May 17, 2007 3:49 PM
Nm figured it out i cut the light blue wire insted of the dark 1 no wounder my ebrake light always stayd on. lol
Sunday, June 17, 2007 8:03 AM
I ended up folding the small brass tab back on the hand brake sensor. I left the fuse in.... works great. only thing is my hand brake lightstays on.. buts thatsbetter than both the ABS and the brake. When i use parking brake the fogs, bumper markser and corners light up.
Sunday, June 24, 2007 1:45 PM
Did the DRL fix on my sunfire, worked great. Was hard to get to though!

Thanks

Sunday, July 01, 2007 8:13 PM
gonna try this next weekend, I just happen to have a switch that I pulled out of a car from pick-n-pull, you never know when you will need a new switch, hahaha

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 12:41 PM
I'm having the same problem as johnny doe: no matter what I try I just can't pull out the connector in my '02. Tried wiggling and tugging and a lot of other verbs ending in "ing" but I just can't get the stupid thing out! It almost seems to be stuck in there! What should I try?

Sunday, August 05, 2007 3:31 PM
So why would a person want to disable their DRLs?
Sunday, August 05, 2007 3:38 PM
People have their reasons.

Mine? DRL's screw up my HID kit. I don't want to blow my $400 HID's, so the DRL's bit it.

...j

Thursday, August 23, 2007 11:24 PM
or just sdo like i did get the newer model headlights pout those in and u dont hav the drls i hava 98 with 00 model headlights i just dont hav e any high beams now lol but my corners dont work either cause my turn signals r in the middle of the grill

HON + DA = HONDA AKA PIECE OF TRASH

Friday, August 24, 2007 5:56 PM
OK, where are the "topper pad" and the "bezel" ? The pics are missing in the original post. What I'm actually doing is I'm going to see if the blue wire is cut on my wife's 96 Cavalier and see if I can reattach them. Her DRL's don't work and the stupid idiot light on the dash blinks like crazy. She would rather have the lights on anyway.

Monday, September 10, 2007 3:08 PM
Great write up. I just did it on a 00 2 door and it worked great.

thanks
Tuesday, September 18, 2007 8:24 PM
i just did this today, being my size and trying to fit under the dash didnt go to well but i got it done

my friend did this the same time i did and ended up with drl's that are on always, lol but i fixed it for him

02 Cavalier sedan ECOTEC N/A being built
04 Malibu ECOTEC S/C planned
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 8:26 AM
So on my 04 I need to cut the dark blue wire and this will disable the DRL and the dash light will not blink either, correct?

I just want the DRL off all the time so when the parking lights are on the fogs are on also. Or can you wire it so just the fogs are on with no parking lights or headlights?

2004 LS Cavy - everyday driver

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c4/snakecharmer

www.myspace.com/streetdreamscarclub
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search