Rhode Island Marine Killed In Iraq - News Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rhode Island Marine Killed In Iraq
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 3:14 PM on j-body.org
A 22-year-old Marine from West Warwick, RI was killed in Iraq when the truck he was in rolled over during a flash flood.

Marine Cpl. Brian St. Germain died Sunday in an accident in Al Anbar Province while serving his second tour of duty in Iraq, the governor's office said Tuesday.

St. Germain was working in the Marine Corps as a heavy equipment mechanic and a martial arts instructor, according to a Web site for car enthusiasts, j-body.org

On the Web site, he lists his hobbies and interests as "working on my truck, 4-wheeling and shooting stuff." He also said he was involved in a long-term relationship.

Re: Rhode Island Marine Killed In Iraq
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 3:45 PM on j-body.org
Rhode Island Marine Killed In Iraq
http://cbs4boston.com/local/local_story_094111455.html

(AP) WEST WARWICK, RI A 22-year-old Marine from West Warwick was killed in Iraq when the truck he was in rolled over during a flash flood.

Marine Cpl. Brian St. Germain died Sunday in an accident in Al Anbar Province while serving his second tour of duty in Iraq, the governor's office said Tuesday.

Four other Marines also died in the flash flood.

Gov. Don Carcieri ordered state flags flown at half-staff until after memorial services are held.

"Corporal St. Germain, along with every man and woman in America's armed forces, deserves our respect and gratitude for his deep commitment to the nation," Carcieri said in a statement.

St. Germain graduated from West Warwick High School in 2001. He was described as a hardworking honors student who was an all-state hurdler on the school's track and field team.

"His junior year, they had one of the best track teams ever in West Warwick, and he was a star on that," said William Izzi, the high school's guidance department chair and one of St. Germain's track coaches.

Izzi called St. Germain a "wonderful boy from a wonderful family."

St. Germain was working in the Marine Corps as a heavy equipment mechanic and a martial arts instructor, according to a Web site for car enthusiasts, j-body.org

On the Web site, he lists his hobbies and interests as "working on my truck, 4-wheeling and shooting stuff." He also said he was involved in a long-term relationship.

St. Germain belonged to the 1st Marine Logistics Group, 1st Marine Expeditionary Group in Camp Pendleton, Calif. He was promoted to corporal during his first tour in Iraq, according to the governor's office.

Sen. Jack Reed, D-R.I., expressed sympathy for St. Germain's family.

"The country must honor and respect the sacrifice of all our military men and women by committing ourselves to supporting them as they continue to face danger," Reed said in a statement.

At least two other soldiers with ties to Rhode Island have died in Iraq within the last nine months.

Lance Cpl. Holly A. Charette of Cranston, died June 23 when her convoy was ambushed by a suicide car bombing in Fallujah.

Days later, Second Lt. Matthew Coutu, whose mother lives in North Kingstown, was killed in an attack in Baghdad.

To contact a moderator, please send a direct message to the moderator account. Please
note you must be logged in to send messages to this account.

Please include a link if you are contacting us regarding a thread.

DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES TO THIS ACCOUNT, USE THE LINK ABOVE.
Friday, July 21, 2006 3:52 PM on
Throughout our history, the United States of America has been truly blessed that so many brave souls have been willing to stand up in defence of our homelandand our ideals. These heros have come from all walks of life, different backgrounds, and different circumstances, but they've shared a love of freedom and a dedication to protect our republic.

Their commitment, courage, and scrifice are the reasonwe can gather today in freedom, as we are right now.

We pay tribute to these indivduals, we are reminded that freedom is never free; it is a gift purchased by others at a great cost. We must always keep this in mind, so that we never take for granted the blessings of liberty that have been entrusted to us. The American statesmen Daniel Webster said as much, in an 1834 speech, when he declared: "God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to gaurd and defend it."

Thats exactly what servicemen like Marine Cpl. Brian St.Germain are doing right now in Iraq and Afganistan and all the places they are deployed today. As the President has said, they are following " in the footsteps of the 48 million men and women who, since our nations founding, have stepped forward to defend our land."

And, just as in earlier wars and struggles, this action has cost Americans lives. On April 2nd 2006 we lost Marine Cpl. Brian St.Germain (Saint) a valued member of our community and friend to so many.

We honor the sacrifice that Marine Cpl. Brian St.Germain has made with this memorial to him and all that have died serving and defending this country that they loved so dearly. Know that he nor any of them died in vein as they gave their lives in an effort to protect us and their homeland. Though
their honorable service and ultimate sacrifice, they share a bond with those who went before them, heros of earlier conflicts who gave their lives for our country.

The nature of the enemy has changed over the years, but the character and caliber of men like Saint and all those in our armed forces remains constant. And for this we thank God.

From all of us at J-Body.org we thank and miss you Saint, and wish your family well in this hard time. May God bless you and your family Semper Fi Marine, At ease.

To contact a moderator, please send a direct message to the moderator account. Please
note you must be logged in to send messages to this account.

Please include a link if you are contacting us regarding a thread.

DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES TO THIS ACCOUNT, USE THE LINK ABOVE.
Friday, July 21, 2006 7:29 PM on
Thanks Saint!

Friday, July 21, 2006 9:44 PM on
im sorry to read this....im not in the us military ..but i im in the military this type of stuff hit home...i wish the best of luck to all his family and friends....in this time of grief
Friday, July 21, 2006 11:22 PM on
We die for what we know is right. We live through thoses who will remember.
R.I.P. Saint Semper Fi WhoRA

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4235/jim25ek.jpg
Saturday, July 22, 2006 8:59 AM on
He will be missed.

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447
Saturday, July 22, 2006 11:11 AM on
Semper fi man
<salutes>

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Saturday, July 22, 2006 8:56 PM on
thank you saint.
Thanks to all that sacrifice their lives for this great nation.
Sunday, July 23, 2006 9:11 AM on
Thank you.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Sunday, July 23, 2006 12:10 PM on

"IF YOU PERSIST IN DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE .....
EXPECT RESULTS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED"

Sunday, July 23, 2006 7:34 PM on
THank you brother.

I am all that is man

Monday, July 24, 2006 5:05 AM on
I didn't know him but thanks Saint for keeping me safe and my family!

Semper fi!

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Monday, July 24, 2006 5:39 PM on
R.I.P. Saint. Thank you. You won't be forgotten.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 7:44 PM on
A soldier never dies. He is carried on forever by the freedom of those who he left behind. Semper Fi.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 8:05 AM on
Saint,

I never knew you, and I don't live in the country your fighting for, but I am part of the cause you were fighting for, FREEDOM. For your sacrifice, I offer my thanks. You will not be forgotten.
Thursday, July 27, 2006 9:58 AM on
R.I.P SAINT THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE'S FREEDOM

Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Stock!!!!!
Thursday, July 27, 2006 8:20 PM on
Saint was solid.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 1:16 AM on
Thank You, You Have Been Promoted To Glory
Sunday, August 13, 2006 4:28 PM on
I admire the courage and commitment that you showed for our country. You will never be forgotten. I hope to thank you myself one day brother.
Wednesday, August 16, 2006 3:55 PM on
just thought those who read this should know that as of may 27, 2006 brian was officially promoted to SGT!!!!....for those of you who know it is a HUGE accomplishment for a marine to be promoted after only 3 years in the marines to SGT.... congrats brian you did it....i love you always...and i miss you every day.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 8:36 AM on
Brother thank you for your service to your country and to our Corps. We will never forget. Guard those gates in heaven. Oorah Devil Dog

-LCpl Canich

...but when a long Train of Abuses and Usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object,
evinces a Design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their Right, it is their Duty,
to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future Security...
Friday, August 25, 2006 9:30 PM on
i never know saint, but i know he will be greatly appreciated for his ultimate sacarafice. Saint, thank you for all you have done, and given up. R.I.P.

Monday, February 26, 2007 8:02 AM on
Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.

Thank You Saint.

SIG!!!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:18 AM on
oh it is a sad news.Brian St. Germain was a good person.It is a shocking news for everyone.it is just because of war we should stop this.

**************************************************************************************************************************

Philip jones

<a href="http://www.addictionrecovery.net/rhode-island">Addiction Recovery Rhode Island</a>
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search