My new Box - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My new Box
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 11:18 PM
hehehe heres some specs its all you get until i get something from you guys,

over all volume of 11.93 cu.ft
over all height 16", max width 52", have yet to figure out numbers
though for the frequency of the box its self,
ummmm im goind to add the auto-cad onto cardomain tonight, but heres my prob i need to know the specs of subs like all possible specs as the clarion site sucks ass, lol it s 10 inch clarion PXW (or xpw one or the other(lol)), but ayh if you guys could help em out tid be appreciated i kwo there rated at 350 rms so i dont need that)

Re: My new Box
Thursday, February 17, 2005 1:01 PM
well guys i got my info after visitng the guys at the audio shop, they advised em not to make boxxes by myself and that they will be the best possible but i dont care what thye say, but ayh ill keep u guys updated

Thursday, February 17, 2005 1:15 PM
That's for 1 10? That's bloody gigantic!!!

Thursday, February 17, 2005 1:36 PM
Isn't that the volume of our trunks

But in all seriousness, some of the recommended box sizes for the subs are HUGE! My friend had 5 cu feet for a single MTX 15 and I thought that was big *wft you have almost 12 cu ft!

Jay

One huge aluminum wing - $200
More vinyl graphics than your ride can handle - $150
Decals for products you don’t even have - $10
500lbs of Car Audio equipment in the trunk - $1500
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting slaughtered by a KIA - Priceless
Thursday, February 17, 2005 2:04 PM
lol thats for 2 10's
i wish that for one, yes htta is bassically the volume of our trunks just a lil smaller lets just say there is no room left for anythign bassically

Thursday, February 17, 2005 2:23 PM
k and yah lol the cargo volume is 12.4 cube ft, i wanna hear who has the biggest box on the org, lol, well im sitting at 11.93, this is for only J-Bodys

Thursday, February 17, 2005 3:14 PM
sorry but 12 cubic feet for 2 10" subs that only take 350 RMS is just plain stupid... waste of space and money
Thursday, February 17, 2005 3:54 PM
you have your oppinion i have mine, i own the subs already and tell my cousin who hit 142.1 dbs with 2 rockfords P1's off a 6 year old 500 watt max amp with 9 cubes, we figure well hit better than 142.1, the material will cost me next to nothing and it will be louder than what ive got right now, i currently cant use my trunk anyways so why not fill it up, so plz dont tell me its a waste of money, and for the waste of space well i cant use it anyways, so you know what ill do what i do, nothing is stupid as long as you do it

Thursday, February 17, 2005 4:00 PM
i hit 146 dbz with 1 12 in a 2 cube box... your subs should have a box built to specs to get the most out of it... but whatever u say
Thursday, February 17, 2005 4:21 PM
is this ported? what the tuning on it??

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Thursday, February 17, 2005 5:04 PM
that's helIishly large for two 10" subs, I don't care how much power they handle.

Hell hath no fury like a pissed off balloon animal.

Thursday, February 17, 2005 5:50 PM
wow we need more info...........................that sounds huge
-kyle

Thursday, February 17, 2005 6:02 PM
I built a box and an Avenger, fiberglass, 4 cells in it all sealed, 4 12" 1.25 cu ft each and hit 162.3 at 5000rms (6200 peak)

My trunk currently houses 2 SEALED 1.1cu ft boxes, 1 rockfored HE2 12"(other is blown) running at 800rms(per sub), 1200 peak. and with that one sub I hit 138.4

I also have 3 compressors on display stands, My vlaves, air water removers, and a 6 gal tank in the trunk, along with a TV, and a batterybox, and 90% of my spare tire well. I still have room for 4 full bookbags in the trunk...so why do you need such a big ass box?

not flaming just trying to help.

Thursday, February 17, 2005 6:19 PM
damn i was doing 150 with one 12 in a 3 cubic foot box.

with the subs that you have it might act like a freeair set up, thats kinda pointless for 2 10's. but i would like to see pics of the box i really dont see how you can get that much space after port, braces, sub's, and more brace's.

Thursday, February 17, 2005 6:23 PM
oh and how are you going to get the box in the trunk? mines just over 8 cubes net and it took a few hours of cutting and a little work from a hammer

Thursday, February 17, 2005 6:41 PM
sweetnloud wrote:damn i was doing 150 with one 12 in a 3 cubic foot box.

with the subs that you have it might act like a freeair set up, thats kinda pointless for 2 10's. but i would like to see pics of the box i really dont see how you can get that much space after port, braces, sub's, and more brace's.

what setup was this with? and in a J? i'm anxious to get an idea of what numbers i'm pullin, but i'm to poor to hit the mic, lol.

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:12 PM
JB wrote:you have your oppinion i have mine, i own the subs already and tell my cousin who hit 142.1 dbs with 2 rockfords P1's off a 6 year old 500 watt max amp with 9 cubes, we figure well hit better than 142.1, the material will cost me next to nothing and it will be louder than what ive got right now, i currently cant use my trunk anyways so why not fill it up, so plz dont tell me its a waste of money, and for the waste of space well i cant use it anyways, so you know what ill do what i do, nothing is stupid as long as you do it

JB wrote:you have your oppinion i have mine, i own the subs already and tell my cousin who hit 142.1 dbs with 2 rockfords P1's off a 6 year old 500 watt max amp with 9 cubes, we figure well hit better than 142.1, the material will cost me next to nothing and it will be louder than what ive got right now, i currently cant use my trunk anyways so why not fill it up, so plz dont tell me its a waste of money, and for the waste of space well i cant use it anyways, so you know what ill do what i do, nothing is stupid as long as you do it

Well I'm not gonna say it's a dumb idea or anything... But unless these are like the Atomic APX's, Audioque Hd's, DD 9510's or something of the like.. you really wont need that much airspace for loudness.

For example, with just 2 of my 12"s last season in a larger ported box I was what like 146-7 on the termlab car off, 3ft cubed per sub, went to a smaller box - about 2.6 per sub and went up to 148+, now with some internal workings I'm up to a 155.3ish on the local A/C (prolly about 149-150 on the T/L - dont have access to a T/L now) Just because the box is huge or has a huge port will not automatically make the setup loud - or even get the most out of the system. I'd take a look at the subs specs, or manufacturers suggestions before making this big box. Good luck and post some pics when done

Had a cavalier, now I got a 99 explorer sport.....
http://www.sounddomain.com/id/davesexplorer2
SPL sound system setup, work in progress... Alpine 9807 hu
4 MA Audio X2 12" subs, 1 modded HK4000d (soon to be 2-4)
Street C next season
Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:21 PM
see thats overall volume
Quote:

were running it as an ABC style format so ti should be insane, yah its the max i cna go wiht the trunk unless i weld the lid closed and gut eveyrthign out form the trunk but yah ill get pics on my cardomain asap after this weekend of building total cost fo the box 100$CND

Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:31 PM
tuning?? port area? any info on this thing??

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Thursday, February 17, 2005 10:01 PM
umm im just figuring that out when im done ill be sure to post though, as seeing im getting quite a bit of interest, i prolly wont get to start my box till next weekend though as seeing my gf is down so yah( ill prolly do that one instead), but ne ways back to this math @!#$

Thursday, February 17, 2005 10:35 PM
hmmm....................is this for your skyline? or your sunfire?
of did you get a new fire?

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=59&i=3654&t=3654

Thursday, February 17, 2005 11:24 PM
dood that aint me, lol, some other guy, notice he hasnt replied, his account is shut off, and etc.... so yah i dunno where u got that from i wish i owned a skyline

Friday, February 18, 2005 10:42 AM
haha...........my bad
ya i noticed that right after i posted.......doh!

Friday, February 18, 2005 2:02 PM
JB wrote:umm im just figuring that out when im done ill be sure to post though, as seeing im getting quite a bit of interest, i prolly wont get to start my box till next weekend though as seeing my gf is down so yah( ill prolly do that one instead), but ne ways back to this math @!#$

i dunno about the rest of us...but last time i checked it was easier to measure your wood and install your ports BEFORE you are finished building it.

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Friday, February 18, 2005 3:33 PM
lol sorry i got busy with Calculus last night and i didnt get to finish figuring everythign out, ill see if i can find time as im at school again so im jut working on an english essay maybe ill fire up auto cad pretty quick

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search