Kickpannels! - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Kickpannels!
Sunday, February 27, 2005 11:39 AM
Im looking for somewhere to get some custom kickpannels done for my car, anyone know anyplace, or anyone that can do it, or have a pair that will fit a 6.5 mid? Car is a 97 cav. Thanks anyone for the help!

Re: Kickpannels!
Sunday, February 27, 2005 11:44 AM
where are you from?

try q-logic. they are pretty nice.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Sunday, February 27, 2005 12:38 PM
Upstate NY, right outside albany
Sunday, February 27, 2005 2:02 PM
can't help ya here. I'd have to use your car to make you a custom set. Either learn to do it yourself, pay some shop, or buy q-logic's.

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Sunday, February 27, 2005 4:00 PM
open up the yellow pages and search for audio shops in your area then go check them out.

and i mean audio shops, not b.b. or c.c.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, February 27, 2005 6:16 PM
Yeah, i know not to go there. Im not a noob, i just dont really like working with fiberglass, and wanted to see if someone knew where i could get some. Looks like im just gonna have to do it myself. The only problem is the smell makes me REALLY sick, maybe i will have to get the bubblegum scented resin from SP
Sunday, February 27, 2005 6:19 PM
wear a respirator..you should do that anyways.

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Monday, February 28, 2005 1:18 AM
Yeah, i always did, i just have very bad reactions to things. Last week i was cleaning around alot of dust and ended up having to be in bed for like 16 hours before i started to feel better. It sucks to be so sensitive to things
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 3:59 AM
I'll take a picture of my kickpanel project tonite. I put a 3 way component set (6 1/2, 4, and 2 inch tweeter) in my door panels of my sunfire. In the rear where the arm rest areas are, they're getting another set of 3 ways.

Beat it like it owes you money
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:30 PM
Ok so here we go. This was my first fiberglass project and it turned out really well. Only thing I have to do is add the tweeter.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:37 PM
wow, that looks great. what brand are those? never seen 3 way components

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:47 PM
^those aren't kickpanels, those are door pods, but they look nice none the less, lol

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:50 PM
Thank yee Well, they are panels, and they'll prolly get kicked! They're Audiobahn ABC6003 - 6 1/2, 4, and a 2 inch tweeter. I don't have the tweeter in yet.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:21 AM
Lanman31337 wrote:Ok so here we go. This was my first fiberglass project and it turned out really well. Only thing I have to do is add the tweeter.

Did you cut the fabric behind that pod or no? I am building the same thing, except the 6.5" is in that pod, and the rest is in kicks (3way). If you did cut the fabric/plasticy stuff behind that pod, how did you get the pod to stick to the door?

Thanks.

Vice President - NEJBody
2007 Cobalt SS
2001 Sunfire (retired)
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:32 AM
wysiwyg wrote:^those aren't kickpanels, those are door pods, but they look nice none the less, lol

glad someone else feels the same way as i do lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:34 AM
I have the q logic ones. I am not a big fan of them. They seriously lack midbass. and they do not fit a 6.5 without modification like a mofo.
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:59 AM
This is what I did. I dremeled that triangle section out of the door, did my fiberglass, then put it back in with liquid nail. Off the back side you can see the liquid nail, and off the front it doesn't look too bad. As for mid-bass, they sound gooooooood.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 11:00 AM
sweet. someone told me that liquid nails would not bond the plastic to the glass. Have you thought about glassing to the door around the seams to make a seamless one piece bottom part?

Vice President - NEJBody
2007 Cobalt SS
2001 Sunfire (retired)
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 12:56 PM
I had no problems with liquid nail. It worked great. I thought of making it one piece, but it looks fine as the 2 piece. Maybe later I'll use some filler and combine them.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 1:40 PM
I have the q-logic kick panels in mine. The plastic was kinda flemsy, so I through some fiberglass on the back of it, made a big difference. Here is a pic...

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 2:15 PM
the q-logics are ok...you do have to glass the backs though, which isn't hard.

As for them lacking midbass, that's most likely because they are open on the backs, and not sealed at all. I tried a lot of stuff with mine trying to get more bass out of them but nothing worked short of sealing them up.

A 3 way setup using them would be ideal, 6.5" in the door, then the tweeter and 4" in the kick.

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:09 PM

6.5's fit fine in the q-logics..

I thought they'd lack midbass also, when test fitting them, they had noticable gaps in a few spots..
How hard is it to glass the backs of the kicks? I'd have to form the back of the kicks to the carpet area right?

Maybe make an enclosure for the doors also? I'm using Infinity Reference 6.5" comps(kicks) and 6.5" mids for the doors, all amped.

"If life throws you a curve, pop the clutch and drift it!"
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:24 PM
yea, i fit 6.5's in mine fine by mounting them from the back.

and by glassing the backs, i mean reinforcing them, not sealing them up. You COULD easily make a mold of your carpet area and then glass that mold to your kick, but you would have to texture paint them after your done. (or smooth them out...whatever)

for the doors, no need to make an enclosure just for the speaker, that's what the door is for. Deaden it like crazy though because cavy doors are like tin cans. You will want to seal up the inner skin the best you can also. the more sealed up it is, the better response you'll get.

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:24 AM
either star quester or brisk, do you have a picture of the drivers side kick panel in relation the clutch? i wanna see how close it is...this is what i have to work with

Vice President - NEJBody
2007 Cobalt SS
2001 Sunfire (retired)
Thursday, March 03, 2005 12:46 PM
Nah man, sorry I don't. Mine is an auto, but I'm almost 100% sure that you will have problems with the clutch. Nore sure tho....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search